Trashcan on your light

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, together with all the other little crap around it. the light looks messy. My olights / fenix are much cleaner looking than my Nitecore - it sorta looks cheap. they really should just come up with a simple logo and go with just that.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ha, I saw that and figured it was due to the batteries. They don't want folks just chunking the Lion cells in the regular rubbish pile I suppose. I have seen the same symbol on a cell phone battery.

easilyled

Flashaholic
I hope that Nitecore are not insinuating that their lights are garbage. :D

Its certainly not the smartest symbol to put on a brand in my humble opinion.

Last edited:

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
The no trash can symbols isn't as bad a Ruger Firearms and the way that they mark weapons sold by them. I always thought that once you get tired of shooting it you could read it.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, together with all the other little crap around it. the light looks messy. My olights / fenix are much cleaner looking than my Nitecore - it sorta looks cheap. they really should just come up with a simple logo and go with just that.

I am more than happy with my Nitecore products,and I am a huge Fenix fan.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry but unlike you I use my flashlights to illuminate things, not to stare at them.

Illum

Flashaholic
Its called the WEEE directive logo, the Trashcan symbol is to indicate that the flashlight must be recycled and cannot be treated as regular trash at the end of its life cycle where incineration or burial could leach potentially hazardous materials.

The Directive on the Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment 2002/95/EC (commonly referred to as the Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive or RoHS) adopted in February 2003 by the European Union. My guess is the absence of this logo prevents the European retail of the device. Almost like the FCC logo here for telecom equipment.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Its called the WEEE directive logo, the Trashcan symbol is to indicate that the flashlight must be recycled and cannot be treated as regular trash at the end of its life cycle where incineration or burial could leach potentially hazardous materials.

The Directive on the Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment 2002/95/EC (commonly referred to as the Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive or RoHS) adopted in February 2003 by the European Union. My guess is the absence of this logo prevents the European retail of the device. Almost like the FCC logo here for telecom equipment.

So how do you explain the fact that I can buy just about every other brand of Flashlight here in Europe and they don't have trashcan logos on them? :)

markr6

Flashaholic
So how do you explain the fact that I can buy just about every other brand of Flashlight here in Europe and they don't have trashcan logos on them? :)

An anal and nervous legal team covering their butts? I don't know. I think it would only make sense though if it came with installed rechargable batteries. Not that user-installed batteries can be thrown away, but if it was supplied from the manufacturer up front I think it makes sense.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
An anal and nervous legal team covering their butts? I don't know. I think it would only make sense though if it came with installed rechargable batteries. Not that user-installed batteries can be thrown away, but if it was supplied from the manufacturer up front I think it makes sense.

Depending on light, nitecore does supply rechargable batteries with some lights.

My P20 came with 2600 mAh nitecore battery. And yes, it does have the do not discard pictograph on the light.

Illum

Flashaholic
I think it would only make sense though if it came with installed rechargable batteries. Not that user-installed batteries can be thrown away, but if it was supplied from the manufacturer up front I think it makes sense.

Same here, though my bets on the electronics not being RoHS compliant, even if its just one component on the driver board. .

T-roc87

Newly Enlightened
I have a Nitecore MT21A and it has the trash can symbol on it. Never gave it much thought but it becomes invisible at least when i use the light at night...

Latest posts