What Drop Ins fit an Elzetta?

BloodCleanSoul

Enlightened
I know the Elzetta was built around the Malkoff drop in. Are there any other options out there that would fit? Is there any modification that needs to be done to fit a standard P60 Drop in? I searched but have found no real info. I know Elzetta's site says only Malkoff but I wasn't sure if that was due to the agreement they have with one another.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sportac triple fits. It works great with the high/low tailcap. It's a single mode drop-in so the batteries would go pretty fast if you only have the clicky or rotary tailcap.

Airmanb

Newly Enlightened
The sportac single led modules do not? I also saw some p60 modules on ebay that said they fit the Elzetta

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Malkoff drop-ins and Malkoff compatible heads are specifically shaped to fit perfectly with each other for maximum thermal transfer. No other drop-in will work as well, even though you may find some that could be fairly easily modified to fit.

The good part about this is that the Malkoff drop-ins are the best ones that could go in there anyway, so you are not losing anything. Anything else is a down-grade.
So, no real problem.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
The sportac single led modules do not? I also saw some p60 modules on ebay that said they fit the Elzetta

I'm not sure about the Sportac single led modules since I do not own any of those. The Sportac Triple works fine in both the Elzetta hosts and the MD2/3/4 lineup. No modifications needed. Works with (2) CR123, (3) CR123, 1x18650, 2x18650.

Airmanb

Newly Enlightened
I have 2 M60s and they both have a really ugly beam profile and I'm not a huge fan of the cool tint. Im just not impressed with the m60s..

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have to really be concerned with keeping out water and dust if using any other drop ins besides Malkoff's. The Elzetta heads/bezels do not have the conventional coverage with a glass lens like a regular P-60 type of Surefire/Solarforce bezel. The Malkoff's use a smaller lens that fits inside the head of the drop in that fits securely with the o-rings that are inside the head/bezel. It is kind of a unique setup.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually use the malkoff lens kit with any other drop-ins in the Elzetta. M61 in an Elzetta. It has been under water quite a few times.

Below is Sportac triple with malkoff lens kit in a Charlie. There is a small gap where the bezel screw into the tube, but that is like most of my other P60 hosts (6p, C2, etc). Water does not get in. You just need to be careful and make sure the len is making a good seal against the o-ring when installing the drop-in.

With that said, I do not use the Sportac Triple in the Elzetta host. I use the Sportac in my MD2. I use a M60 drop-in with the Elzetta; the beam on the M60 that I have is not as bad as other M60 beams.

ofamwl.jpg

1621ppy.jpg

Last edited:

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Engraved M60s are nice. If you want to stick with Malkoff's brand drop-ins, alternative options are the M61's models. Add a Lens kit and it'll work fine. You don't like cool white; the M61 models sold in the past were also available in Neutral, Warm, HCRI Warm, Nichia 219A, and Nichia 219B.

Last edited: