I need a battery recommendation for Eagletac D25c

Duramarks

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone, I just ordered a titanium Eagletac D25a XM-L2 U2.
I am having a very hard time researching which battery to get for both the high lumen output and a good battery for decent runtime. I have done a lot of searching and alot of reading and it seems the more I lookup, the more I confuse myself. Can someone help me (with links) and point me in the right direction on which battery to buy. Also I was planning on buying a Nitecore D2 charger and I read somwhere that it wouldn't support the higher power batteries, if that's so which charger should I get. Thank you guys

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore d2 can handle any battery you purchase as long as its no longer than 2-1/2" long and not larger than a D cell battery diameter.
I don't know if the Eagletac requires button topped cells or not, but both Illumination Supply and Battery Junction both sell quality Panasonic based batteries.

Mmassey338

Newly Enlightened
I have that light, but modded by Vinh, and I use Efest IMR 16340's. This thing is so bright, when I shine it on trees 100 yds away, they catch fire! Ok, not really, but it's bright! The IMR is a safer chemistry, and also high discharge.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, OK - it was thrown off by this:

Hey everyone, I just ordered a titanium Eagletac D25a XM-L2 U2.....

I only have the D25A's but I don't think the D25C has a buck driver either and so it will direct drive on a Li-ion rechargeable (the lower modes will all shift up). The AW ICR protected 16340 is always a safe bet - and you need a button top cell for the reverse polarity protection. You can also check out HKJs site at lygte-info.dk for his in depth reviews.

Last edited:

radiopej

Enlightened
I use an unprotected one bought on eBay from a local seller. No real markings but it works great. I tried to use a protected KeepPower battery but it was too tight.

Perhaps the unprotected Efest IMR batteries will suit better - they'll fit and can take a high current.

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't have any luck with anything but primaries in my D25C. Lost modes.

UAStack

Newly Enlightened
I have the 2013 D25C Ti and have been using an EagleTac 750mAh 16340 for the last year with no issues. I recently picked up an Efest IMR 550mAh 16340 which I have been using for the last week and so far all is good.

Very bright on high with both batteries and still have a low mode. I have not done any run time tests so I am not sure which last longer.

Jaredf

Newly Enlightened
Does the d25c work with flat top batteries or button top?

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Duramarks

Newly Enlightened
I went and ordered 2 different batteries to try out.... EagleTac Protected RCR123A 16340 750mah Li-Ion Rechargeable*

And

Olight Protected*650 mAh 3.7V Rechargeable Lithium Ion 16340/RCR123A Battery