TM 06 continued

DucS2R

Enlightened
Not sure why the last thread was closed, but I don't really care because mine shipped today from IS! And I ordered on 11-20, so their shipment could not have been all that short. Will post pics of it next to the TM 26 when I get it and give my general opinion. No beam shots though, I suck at those.

T

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Charging! Bought one just because I needed to use these batteries in something, and the price was ok.

Last edited:

fireonhigh

Newly Enlightened
nice, i ordered the 18,it should be here friday.. i realy liked my ea4!

RCTPAVUK

Newly Enlightened
Ordered on IS 15 Nov, got message that the light's been shipped 25 Nov.
I guess they just received those...

Clicked on the tracking link, and got this "USPS Tracking is unavailable for this product for CANADA." Weird...

fireonhigh

Newly Enlightened
Ordered on IS 15 Nov, got message that the light's been shipped 25 Nov.
I guess they just received those...

Clicked on the tracking link, and got this "USPS Tracking is unavailable for this product for CANADA." Weird...
yeah its when i buy lights direct of armytek, i cant track it until its in the usa,, all armytek comes from china, never had 8 plus lights come from canada.

Last edited:

P1X4R

Newly Enlightened
I received mine today. My quick initial impressions is that it's very compact to hold. The UI may be something to get used to in that you have to hold it like you're throwing a mini football with your thumb at the bottom to actuate it one handed. I'm also noticing a bit of an outer corona with extending "flower petals" at the outer most edges. BTW, these are white wall observances in my house so you probably wouldn't notice it outside. Also, the tint on mine is much warmer when compared to my 3800 TM26. I'd much prefer the one button interface like it is on the TM26. Overall I really like it despite these minor points. I have another one pre-ordered so I look forward to that one when it comes in. These online discounts are so irresistible! :)

So if the Niwalker MM15 is the soda can flashlight then the Nitecore TM06 is the slimmer "Monster / Red Bull" version.

I also received the Olight SR Mini. This one outputs a pure floody beam. The pattern on it is smooth in comparison. It's not "busy" in comparison but not as penetrating as the TM06. It has a cooler white temperature that I much prefer. However, I find it a bit odd double clicking to get to the next level.

Overall I love the variety that these lights have. Now it's time to get take these babies outside for a spin! :)

P1X4R

Newly Enlightened
Also, the TM06 can take NCR18650PF unprotected batteries but they rattle a bit. I'm using Orbtronic 3400 mAh button top ones which are a nice fit.

RCTPAVUK

Newly Enlightened
People who have TM26 and TM06 please let us know about runtimes.
They should be similar, but Nitecore's web site screams a big difference ( TM 06's 433 hours in 3 lum mode and TM 26's 1000 hours).
It's either another driver or they have made a mistake with those estimations...

Last edited:

P1X4R

Newly Enlightened
Last night I walked down the street to our local park and carefully shined it around. A girl walking her dog was probably wondering what I was doing. haha

It's definitely capable (on highest mode) if you want to light things up from a fair distance. Also, if you hold it normally (not mini football style) then you will have to use your free hand to turn it on. Not a big deal but just something to note when you turn it on/off. It's kind of like trying to chamber a round in a semi-auto with one hand. :)

Again, I would have preferred the front button as the off/on but at least the front button is a simple one click to get to the modes. I'm not fond of holding a button to cycle through modes. Not fond of kaleidoscopes either. ;)

I noticed that it gets warm after a few minutes on high. It wasn't "hot potato" hot like my MM15. I also saw it stepdown after a minute when it was quite warm. I can't wait to take it out again tonight!

Matjazz

Newly Enlightened
I read the user manual and apparently the batteries are constantly connected. The tail switch is for switching off and on but one can still turn on the blue locator led with side switch when the light is off. Also there is parasitic drain - the batteries are good for 30 days with active locator led and 108 days without it.

fireonhigh

Newly Enlightened
I read the user manual and apparently the batteries are constantly connected. The tail switch is for switching off and on but one can still turn on the blue locator led with side switch when the light is off. Also there is parasitic drain - the batteries are good for 30 days with active locator led and 108 days without it.

i guessing you twist the tail cap and it wont drain?lol,,ok i just read the manual its all good with a twist no worries about drainage..

Last edited:

dschur

Newly Enlightened
FYI GoingGear has this for 139.95 as part of their Black Friday sale, no secret code needed and shows in stock. I picked one up and 4 olight 3400 18650s at $12 a piece. No shipping or tax.Looking forward to this little beer can wall of light.

hangn_9

Newly Enlightened
Sht. I'm on the fence but want to take advantage of the sale prices. between TM 06, and the Imalent DD4R. Crap Crap Crap what do I do? Bout 10 bucks diff in the sale prices.

Last edited:

dschur

Newly Enlightened
FYI GoingGear has this for 139.95 as part of their Black Friday sale, no secret code needed and shows in stock. I picked one up and 4 olight 3400 18650s at $12 a piece. No shipping or tax.Looking forward to this little beer can wall of light.

Should also add that the 4 batteries brought my total over $175 so I got a free Nitecore D4 Charger via their black friday promo code as well. Pretty nice package, TM06, 4 olight 3400's, and D4 charger for 187.

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
Mine came this morning and it is a well made tiny light. It feels way smaller than I thought it would. I'll have to wait until tonight to test it in the dark, but the feel has the "nitecore quality" feel to it. Like others, I wish it had on/off switch on the side, but given how tiny it is, it is not awkward to turn it on from the bottom.

Now off to search to find a well fitting diffuser tip.

Latest posts