Need help fixing a ITP A03 EOS.

Supernatural

Newly Enlightened
Did a search but really couldn't find anything other than one guy who shoved steel wool down the barrel.

The problem is out of the blue my ITP A03 EOS stopped working. Nothing is wrong with the head/circuit. It works when I use wire to make a connection with the battery. The problem has to be in the barrel/body. Besides not getting any light after tightening the head to the body, the AAA battery now get stuck in the barrel. I can pull it out with some pliers, but otherwise it doesn't slide out on its own after I shove it down the barrel. That is problematic since this is a twisty light that has the head shove the battery down the barrel to make the connection. I cleaned all the contacts as best as I can and there was never a battery leak. Other than shoving steel wool down the barrel, is there a better fix for this? Thanks!

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well that is good news that the light still works with a power source even though you can't get it to work with a battery.........at least the driver isn't damaged!
So it looks like a connection problem. I'd do whatever it takes to make that battery slide in and out easily. I'm just curious......why is it now getting stuck?

Supernatural

Newly Enlightened
Well that is good news that the light still works with a power source even though you can't get it to work with a battery.........at least the driver isn't damaged!
So it looks like a connection problem. I'd do whatever it takes to make that battery slide in and out easily. I'm just curious......why is it now getting stuck?

No idea why it's getting stuck. It actually bounces okay when I push the battery down a little, it only gets stuck when the battery goes all the way down, like when I tighten the head to the body. The spring seems fine from what I can tell and it's not specific to the battery as it happens with three different brands I tried. No idea.. :(

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds to me like you sat on the light, or something like that, and squashed the body enough to put it out of shape, and now it's tight on the battery. I think if you did some precise measurements, you would find this to be the case.
You could try some things to bring it back, but for what that light costs, it would be cheap and easy to just get another one. Or maybe try some other light that might have beefier construction.

Supernatural

Newly Enlightened
The light is hooked to my keys and I carry it in my front pants pocket. So I don't actually sit on it, but it gets the same treatment as those iPhone 6 people carry in their pockets. :p I don't know how to do "precise measurements" of the tube, but I rolled it over a flat surface and looked down the barrel. It looks pretty round to me. Doesn't wobble or anything that I can see. I also don't understand why if it IS bent a little (and I don't see it), why the light would not light up. I guess it's time to find another light for my keychain. :(

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
The light is hooked to my keys and I carry it in my front pants pocket. So I don't actually sit on it, but it gets the same treatment as those iPhone 6 people carry in their pockets. :p I don't know how to do "precise measurements" of the tube, but I rolled it over a flat surface and looked down the barrel. It looks pretty round to me. Doesn't wobble or anything that I can see. I also don't understand why if it IS bent a little (and I don't see it), why the light would not light up. I guess it's time to find another light for my keychain. :(

Luckily, they still make the thing in the form of the Olight i3S. :)

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
yeah.. one of my itp a3 is having similar problems. the head works fine. but the body dont.

i tried screwing the itp head to my preons, no problem, and to my other itp a3s. but none of the preons and itps work on the faulty body. im guessing there is something wrong with the connection between spring and body. well.there is nothing else there, is it. hahah.

so.. past few months this faulty itp a3 eos has been my spare aaa battery carrier.

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
IIRC, the springs in these things would get compressed after a while. Try pulling it out, stretching it out, and see if that helps. Also, make sure all your connections are clean. Alcohol wipes work really well at getting grime and light corrosion off.

Supernatural

Newly Enlightened
First off the ITP A03 is the same as the Olight i3s and also fits on the Preon's body? That is all news to me. :)

So can I get the body cheap somewhere? My light is all scratched up from my keys so I don't need it pretty. :p

If it's just the spring and body (and it is) how can it have problems? That's the most annoying thing!

yeah.. one of my itp a3 is having similar problems. the head works fine. but the body dont.

i tried screwing the itp head to my preons, no problem, and to my other itp a3s. but none of the preons and itps work on the faulty body. im guessing there is something wrong with the connection between spring and body. well.there is nothing else there, is it. hahah.

so.. past few months this faulty itp a3 eos has been my spare aaa battery carrier.

Supernatural

Newly Enlightened
My spring is still bouncy, until I pushed the battery all the way down. I also cleaned all connections already. It didn't fit anything. :( Thanks for the advice though.

IIRC, the springs in these things would get compressed after a while. Try pulling it out, stretching it out, and see if that helps. Also, make sure all your connections are clean. Alcohol wipes work really well at getting grime and light corrosion off.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI the Preon heads don't work because of the dimensions of head depth. I have Maratac bodies that work fine with Maratac heads but the Preon heads won't work. FYI Fenix E05 heads do work.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Latest posts