fenix r40 light won't stay on... please help

badnum21

Newly Enlightened
just got the fenix rc40 and tried it out last night, it ran for about 1-2 min then would shut up... i can pull the battery out and re install it and it will come on again for 1-2 min... i can do that repeatedly but it won't stay on longer that that.... it was about 45-50 degrees, but if it won't work in that temp range i need to send it back.... and tips/info/tricks i need to know? thanks

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
just got the fenix rc40 and tried it out last night, it ran for about 1-2 min then would shut up... i can pull the battery out and re install it and it will come on again for 1-2 min... i can do that repeatedly but it won't stay on longer that that.... it was about 45-50 degrees, but if it won't work in that temp range i need to send it back.... and tips/info/tricks i need to know? thanks

If you just got it, and it isn't working, contact the seller for a replacement. It isn't rocket science...you probably got a defective light. Happens with every manufacturer from time to time.

ven

Flashaholic
Sorry if stating the obvious,but have you charged the light up? If its part charged(40% or less) it will not sustain a high output...............just a thought.:thumbsup:

ven

Flashaholic
Also iirc there is protection (insulation sheets )on the battery when shipped,is this removed ?.

badnum21

Newly Enlightened
fully charged.... can somebody post a picture of the sheets? i can only see the two black rings at each end of battery... but it looks like you leave those on.... thanks

ven

Flashaholic
The battery has + and - at both ends so can be used either way as far as i am aware. Sure someone will have a pic,but sounds like if nothing is covering ,then a faulty light as mr doc suggested.

badnum21

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the heads up and ill get with the company tomorrow if they are open