led lenser f1

tidan32

Newly Enlightened
Hello! I have led flashlight lanser Do I need to remove the battery flashlight when it is not in use for a long time?

Norm

Retired Administrator
What type of batteries? If they're alkaline I'd definitely be removing them.

But then again I wouldn't trust alkaline batteries even in the short term.

Norm

ven

Flashaholic
:welcome: You need to define a long time,if 6+ months then its best practice imo to remove cells (some would say 3 months so opinions will vary and down to users preferences).
If the light has any drain it could cause issues if under discharges.........so if you know its not going to be used then remove cell to prevent any potential damage. I leave cells in my lights ,but do use them periodically and top off cells .If not rechargeable cells, i replace again within a set time to prevent leaks(alki cells for example).
:)

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
As mentioned, I don't store lights with rechargeable cells. Period.

But on Primaries (standard CR123's), here is my long winded response: lol
I use surefire brand batteries in all my lights that run on primary cells. I never take them out. Well unless they are dying or dead! :sick2: I use all fresh cells with same expiration dates when I replace them. I also go the extra step and match voltages. I also purchase all of my batteries DIRECTLY from Surefire. That way I don't run the risk of counterfeits. Also if you have a warranty issue, they check your past purchase records.

I sleep with no problems due to the SF warranty on their batteries. Duracell & Energizer also have the same warranty. Any thing damaged by their cells will be credited or replaced.

I like to have my lights ready to go at a moments notice. I have had the same batteries in a few weapon lights for over a decade. I only have had 1 issue. I had mixed a very used cell with a new cell. I knew better, but was in a jam and forgot about it for a few years! lol

I sent the light back to SF with the receipt from when I purchased the batteries directly from them. They sent me a brand new light & new batteries! NO QUESTIONS ASKED!

I get carried away, but I keep all my original boxes and receipts for every SF purchase. Never know.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't see an issue with leaving primary CR123a cells in a light.
The Led Lenser F1 is a single cell light outputting 400 lumens on high. This a great small single cell light.

A word of caution on Duracell batteries. Berkshire Hathaway recently purchased Duracell from Proctor and Gamble. Word on the street is that there may be some changes to the warranty in regards to repair or replacement.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buy decent quality Alkaline and you will have a far reduced risk of a leak,never been an issue to me and I use loads of them as well as Eneloop type.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast