Nitecore TM 06 and Batteries

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
I've been looking at the new 3400 batteries from Nitecore for the upcoming TM 06.

When I look at the charts at the nitecore website, and compare 2300 3100 and the new 3400, the difference seems to be insignificant.

The chart seems to almost show the 3100 staying at a stronger power, longer than the new 3400.

I know I am missing something...so...

anyone?

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
do u have a url for the chart?

I was going to ask the same thing, but I decided to look for myself. The charts are absolute rubbish. They graph voltage vs. time, but have no indication whatsoever of the current draw, so the time is totally meaningless. It gives you literally no information at all, other than the starting voltage.

Bottom line, 3400 mAh cells have about 10% more capacity. Nothing wrong with either choice, but the 3100 mAh cell would be a better value for sure, unless you find a great deal on the newer cell. The 3400 mAh cell will probably hold higher voltage for longer, but not by a lot, and you would be unlikely to notice the difference unless you do some fairly rigorous testing,

NCR18650A%20vs.%20NCR18650B.png

Graphs are properly done, courtesy of HKJ. You can go here to graph many different kinds of cells, and compare them side by side. The 3100 mAh Nitecore cell is based on the NCR18650A, and the 3400 mAh cell is based on the NCR18650B. Nitecore's cells will be basically the same, if not identical.

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
Thanks, Doc.

The link is Nitecore.com I apologize for not including.

I also noted that the charts do not say what battery it is being compared to, just "average"...but without detail. Therefore, no reference point. I have 3100 Nitecores and have been happy with them.

The 06 arrived today: it is so tiny! It is smaller than I thought, but has the same rugged feel of the others. As some have said, i wish the on/off switch was not in the back, but with the tiny size, and the great price from Illum., it is a good buy.

I cannot find a good diffuser tip for it. I love Fenix tips (not the cones) as they give a nice, soft light for reading, or just entering a room. The Fenix medium, which I use with the Nitecore SRT7, and the Fenix small, (for Nitecore P12) are my favorites. The medium comes close to fitting the TM 06, but is too small and the large, which I use on the Sky King, is too big.

I will continue to search for a nice diffuser tip to use on the TM 06.

Great light.