Fenix E05 2014 Problem

Jimbo Carrey

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone this is my first post, I bought a new Fenix E05 off of ebay a couple months ago and it worked great up until last week. About a week ago it stopped cycling through all 3 modes and won't turn on every twist. I've tried to figure out a pattern but it's just random, sometime it will turn on and sometimes it won't. Also, now there is only one brightness mode. I tried cleaning the contacts but that didn't work, I've only had the light a couple months so I don't think it's dirty but it does live on my keychain so it has been dropped a few times, gets bumped and thrown around, etc. Anyone have any ideas, I can take a video of what it's doing but not sure how to post it.

Thanks in advance!

kj2

Flashaholic
Hi Jimbo and :welcome:

First thing indeed to make sure is, that everything (contact-points) is clean, tightened and fully charged. Posting a video the easy way; just upload it onto YouTube and post the link here.
Or you can contact Fenix directly. Checkout their website for contact-information :)

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
The most likely culprit in these cases is the presence of dirt on the edge of the battery tube i.e. of the bottom half of the light. If you press the bottom half of the light against a newspaper you will probably see dark circles. I found that this cleaning on the paper is usually enough to have the light back in operation.

:welcome:

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

Use some rubbing alcohol and a Qtip to clean all the contact points (inner and outer thread and the inside contact board). As member parnass pointed out also, try a fresh battery.

fenix1

Newly Enlightened
Hi Jimbo,have you sloved the problem?As some people suggested above,use a new battery to test it or use some alcohol to clean all the contact points,if this doesn't work,please contact with fenix customer service center at [email protected].

Alpha_Ant

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I had same problems, (had to join here to share my tip!! 1st post!) none of the above worked (but I still think it could help)
What I done - I pulled out the negative end spring at the bottom of the case barrel with some tweezers, (it seems to be just a push in fit) cleaned the bottom with q-tip soaked in alcohol, also run a nail file over the spring contacts, shoved it all back in and hey presto - blinding light again! Yippee! But this is the 2nd time it's not worked when I needed it to! It has an easy life mainly hanging from my key rack! Hope cleaning the spring helps others
icon7.gif