Tigerlight in a snow-covered city

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Last night, fully charged Tigerlight in hand, I eagerly waded out through the car-high drifts into the white stillness of a normally noisy and frenetic big city.

I was looking forward to the brilliant reflections
of amplified lumens.

I switched on Mr. Tiger and saw.................a weak, sad version of its former robust self. I hadn't counted on the brilliant reflections from the bright streetlamps and the thousands of Christmas tree lights that lined the street in my neighborhood.

I bought a candy bar from a local Korean "bodega".
It was small compensation.

I was bitterly disappointed

Brightnorm

Monsters_Inc

Banned
Take it back for a refund then.
wink.gif
Tigerlight "aims to exceed your imagination".

I'm wondering why xmas tree lights are still up at this time...

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Onyx:
.....I'm wondering why xmas tree lights are still up at this time...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">On my street they go up in November and come down when it starts getting warm

BN

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
It must be all that light reflecting off the snow. I have the same problem up here. Flashlights are a huge disappointment in a bright snow covered city.

Fortunately for me, I have the Adirondacks within an hour's drive (as well as the Catskills). So once a week I still get to enjoy my flashlights. That is, as long as the moon isn't out (like it was this weekend
frown.gif
).

Hey Norm, if you do make it up to the Catskills sometime, and you see a crazy person out in the snow shining weird colored LS lights, you'll know who it is.
grin.gif

Greg Bejian N.Y. Sales

Newly Enlightened
Hey BRIGHTNORM,
I'm the TigerLight rep in N.Y.State and I live in the Troy area.If you are anywhere close by we could get together and I'll look at your light.
I have a lot of land and we can shine the light at night till you have your fill.
If anything is wrong with the light I will take care of it.
I was invited to the CPF party in Orlando and the TigerLight was the brightest light that was there.
I wont mention the competitors but you could find that out from some of the other members.
With any flashlight or mechanical or electrical device,some are bound to have a problem.
Thats why customer service is a top priority at TigerLight.Thats why I want to find out whats wrong.Thats why we want to EXCEED THE IMAGINATION.

Greg Bejian N.Y. Sales

Newly Enlightened
Hey BRIGHTNORM,
I'm the TigerLight rep in N.Y.State and I live in the Troy area.If you are anywhere close by we could get together and I'll look at your light.
I have a lot of land and we can shine the light at night till you have your fill.
I was invited to the CPF party in Orlando and the TigerLight was the brightest light that was there.
I wont mention the competitors but you could find that out from some of the other members.
With any flashlight or mechanical or electrical device,some are bound to have a problem.
That's why customer service is a top priority at TigerLight.Thats why I want to find out what's wrong.That's why we want to EXCEED THE IMAGINATION.Let's see if we can meet. Greg Bejian

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Thanks Greg, but my Tigerlight is working perfectly. As Lux mentioned the problem is not the light itself, but rather the highly reflective conditions in a brightly lit city.

IMO the Tigerlight is one of the finest and most innovative incandescent lights I've seen in quite a while.

Brightnorm

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Heck, you can say it here. The TL went up against the US (mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) and the SF M6. In the big spot at a long distance, the TL won.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Heck, you can say it here. The TL went up against the US (mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) and the SF M6. In the big spot at a long distance, the TL won.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well...that answers the question i wanted to ask.

I was thinking about trading my Tigerlight for the Ultrastinger because of two things:
1)The Tigerlight is big in the hands. and
2)It lacks the ability to focus.

But after thinking it over, i have decided that these are small shortcommings considering the other pluses this light has over the Ultrastinger.
1) It is literally indestructable. Look at there website and check out the parking lot testing. WOW.

2) It may be beefy around the waste, but there's a whole lot o' lovin' commin' out of that light. It has replaced my 1 million candlepower spotlight in my car! You wanna talk about beefy...try carrying a spotlight.

3) I do miss the focusing from the Ultrastinger because sometimes i want a flood light. There really isn't anything the Tigerlight can do about this except design a good beam diffuser.

So saying that...i guess my ranting was more of a self analysis/brainstorming session. Please disregard these comments if this was of no help to you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Albany Tom

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Hey BRIGHTNORM,
That's why customer service is a top priority at TigerLight.Thats why I want to find out what's wrong.That's why we want to EXCEED THE IMAGINATION.Let's see if we can meet. Greg Bejian

[/ QUOTE ]

Troy, huh? We should hookup sometime w/ Lux (who's in Troy I believe) and compare some flashlights... What do you carry besides Tigerlight?

Monsters_Inc

Banned
[ QUOTE ]
The TL went up against the US (mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) and the SF M6. In the big spot at a long distance, the TL won.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even against the M6?