Olight M2X-UT Javelot XM-L2 images and Beamshots

andreas0401

Newly Enlightened
Here are some pictures of the Olight M2X-UT Javelot XM-L2.

1c7k3w.jpg

2ivj47.jpg

11txj0w.jpg

33fjag.jpg

4owj4q.jpg

5a5j2i.jpg

6zsjwg.jpg

7zokn9.jpg

8jnjsr.jpg

9u9jzd.jpg

10mej9e.jpg

12rfji1.gif

Beamshots

comp_1eagtacs200c2cwnpu7c.jpg

comp_2olightm2x-utjav93u8q.jpg

comp_3olightm3xtritonqrumw.jpg

comp_1olightm2x-utjavunyhn.jpg

comp_2olightm3xtritonljl2f.jpg

comp_1olightm2x-utjav9vbou.jpg

comp_2olightm3xtritonk5xzq.jpg

comp_1olightm2x-utjavq1ypy.jpg

comp_2olightm3xtritoneaxuj.jpg

comp_1olightm2x-utjavsmz0t.jpg

comp_2olightm3xtriton6ey2q.jpg

Andreas

kj2

Flashaholic
Great photos :) Nice small light which has quite some punch. Don't like the greenish tint though. But that's a personal preference.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beautiful review! Best beamshot comparison I've seen.....excellent light, well worth the price. Thanks for taking the time Andreas!

LostnTime

Newly Enlightened
Great photos. I just received my Olight M2X-UT Javelot XM-L2 today. For its size and battery requirements, it's impressive. It can easily be carried in a jacket pocket or around the neck with the included cord. The greenish tint is perhaps not ideal, but is certainly acceptable to me (again, considering size and throw capabilities).

LostnTime

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, this is a duplicate post; don't know how I did it.

Great photos. I just received my Olight M2X-UT Javelot XM-L2 today. For its size and battery requirements, it's impressive. It can easily be carried in a jacket pocket or around the neck with the included cord. The greenish tint is perhaps not ideal, but is certainly acceptable to me (again, considering size and throw capabilities).

Last edited:

SureAddicted

Enlightened

Nice Images, however I suggest you check you're camera settings. The image above showing the tint of the M2X is way off, not even close, the white balance is way off.
Mine looks like a neutral tint, nothing like what's in the image, and going by other M2X beamshots, it's not as bad or close to what you've captured.
That picture, especially the last animated image looks like there's a green filter on flashlight. Smartphone images I'm assuming.

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
Would they all become greenish? I don't like it either and I was thinking about getting this light.
Thank you for sharing the pics.

No they would NOT. I have 14 modded lights by Vinh. Twelve are dedomed and the tint is much nicer than the M2X. In fact, I have an M2X and I am sending it to Vinh for more output and a much nicer tint!

Furthermore I agree w/ SureAddicted. My M2X is not that bad of a tint and does not look like any of the pics.

The photography itself is awesome w/ the exception of the Greenish tint!

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
164,000 candela!!!? Seriously? Can anyone actually test this out?

I do not have measuring equipment but I can tell you that 164Kcd is certainly realistic. I have numerous modded throwers.I can tell you By comparing the M2X to ones w/ less throw and ones w/ more throw that it certainly seems to have ~164Kcd.

andreas0401

Newly Enlightened
Nice Images, however I suggest you check you're camera settings. The image above showing the tint of the M2X is way off, not even close, the white balance is way off.
Mine looks like a neutral tint, nothing like what's in the image, and going by other M2X beamshots, it's not as bad or close to what you've captured.
That picture, especially the last animated image looks like there's a green filter on flashlight. Smartphone images I'm assuming.

I have the Beamshots with my Canon PowerShot S100 made.
The white balance is set to daylight.
aperture 2.0
exposure time 4 and 2 seconds
In direct comparison is always the same setting.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Boy those shots with the Javelot look far too green, even for Olight!

Something was wrong in the colour balance setting of the camera!!!!!

CHEERS

SureAddicted

Enlightened
I have the Beamshots with my Canon PowerShot S100 made.
The white balance is set to daylight.
aperture 2.0
exposure time 4 and 2 seconds
In direct comparison is always the same setting.

A ponit and shoot camera is not going to be able to accurately capture beamshots, you need a dslr, everything set to manual. P&S cameras are so limited, by design.
Try using the Tungsten WB setting while capturing beamshots. If you can custom set your WB that'll be great, if not use the presets to see which suits best.
Your technique is flawless, you have the creativity side down pat. The technical side you can only do so much with what you have.
Wb presets add a color cast to the final image. Each WB presets add a different tone.
Daylight WB setting will add a cast over the image, thats what WB presets do, each add a different colour cast.
With daylight WB, the camera assumes your outside in the sun, because the sun is reflecting the sky the final image is going to be cool, so the daylight setting adds a warm tone, final image ends with a warmer richer tone.

Try manual mode rather than Aperture. While you can lock your aperture in, the same can't be said with your shutter speed, it will fluctuate...ie won't remain constant.
With beamshots, you have to use manual so it can be reproduced accurately.
I noticed in your other threads, I saw a lot of over exposed beamshot images, particularly in the Zebralight thread.

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
160000 candela is astonishing! What a beast! The beam out of it looks so strong its like you could almost touch it lol

Latest posts