2sc62wubrb0.jpg

3sc600xm-l2s5oy1.jpg

animated

1bcpkf.gif

2f6rpu.gif

Andreas

kj2

Flashaholic
ZL makes great lights! Glad to have a few of them, and looking forward to buy more in the future.

markr6

Flashaholic
Wow nice neutral tint on that SC62w!! You got lucky. Mine is nice but definitely not that nice!

UnderPar

Enlightened
Another great beamshots comparison andreas0401!! Thanks for sharing. Really love the SC62. Its my favorite EDC

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent beamshots! I knew there was a reason I liked my SC62w so much. Thanks for taking the time to take and post your photos. Well done.

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great beamshots. I currently have an SC52 CW and was trying to decide between SC62 CW and W. The CW seemed like a safe bet cause I like the tint on the SC52 but after seeing your beamshots I am leaning now towards to the warm. Does the tint get very green at low drive levels?

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow nice neutral tint on that SC62w!! You got lucky. Mine is nice but definitely not that nice!

I've actually had fairly good luck with recent XM-L2 Zebralights (ie SC62w and H600Fw). But older XM-L2 Zebralights aren't so nice. For instance, my SC52w (NOT L2) is pretty **** yellow.

markr6

Flashaholic
I've actually had fairly good luck with recent XM-L2 Zebralights (ie SC62w and H600Fw). But older XM-L2 Zebralights aren't so nice. For instance, my SC52w (NOT L2) is pretty **** yellow.

Yeah seems like yellow is the issue now; used to be green. I had lots of problems with SC52w models. I had an SC62w that was so yellow it looked like one of those bug bulbs! I replaced it with another one and it's much better, but not great. Never a problem with any of my headlamps though.

Warp

Enlightened
Nice beamshots. Mine just came in today. It is what I was expecting after viewing this thread.

Also, I've got to say...you guys are right...this thing getshot...fast. Holy cow. Tightly squeezing the bezel on H1 gets extremely uncomfortable probably inside of 30 seconds. I'm thinking it's >=140* F

SureAddicted

Enlightened
Nice beamshots. Mine just came in today. It is what I was expecting after viewing this thread.

Also, I've got to say...you guys are right...this thing getshot...fast. Holy cow. Tightly squeezing the bezel on H1 gets extremely uncomfortable probably inside of 30 seconds. I'm thinking it's >=140* F

I got a rude shock the first time I used one as well. With mine, at the 10 seconds mark its pretty warm, by 25 seconds it's uncomfortably hot. The temperature rises very rapidly, and I mean rapidly, as you've found out.

fnsooner

Enlightened
Thanks for the images and beam shots andreas0401.

On a side note, I washed my SC62w last night in the washing machine. Battery and all. I was a little surprised that it passed with flying colors and had no leakage through the tailcap. I even had it slightly loosened to lock it out. The battery and tube were completely dry. I also had no leakage at the switch or lens. I've been using it all day today with no problemos. Yay.

markr6

Flashaholic

On a side note, I washed my SC62w last night in the washing machine. Battery and all. I was a little surprised that it passed with flying colors and had no leakage through the tailcap. I even had it slightly loosened to lock it out. The battery and tube were completely dry. I also had no leakage at the switch or lens. I've been using it all day today with no problemos. Yay.

Nice! Not just the water, but getting banged around in there really put it to the test.

Warp

Enlightened

Excellent. How far did you have the tailcap backed out?

I decided to lock mine out for pocket carry (other item in pocket could potentially activate it I think) and it seems I only need to back the tailcap out a small fraction of a turn. Like...if you look at the tailcap as clock, I maybe have to unscrew it one hours worth.

fnsooner

Enlightened
Excellent. How far did you have the tailcap backed out?

I decided to lock mine out for pocket carry (other item in pocket could potentially activate it I think) and it seems I only need to back the tailcap out a small fraction of a turn. Like...if you look at the tailcap as clock, I maybe have to unscrew it one hours worth.

Just a hair(1/4 of an inch maybe). The first thing I did when I removed it from the washing machine, was to attempt to turn it on. It did not and my heart sank for a second , then I realized it was locked out. I normally keep it locked out due to habit from carrying the SC60w.

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great pictures of the lights and excellent beam shots. I've said it before and I'll say it again if you guys want a great neutral tint get the SC62c. Don't dismiss it because it doesnt put out 1000 lumens and burn your hand. Very underrated light IMO.