SL TT 3AA w/ NiMH?

notos&w

Enlightened
can you use rechargeable batts in a SL 3AA twin task? i called SL and they said "no." is this accurate or just a precautionary statement by the manufacturer to avoid problems?
how will the performance be affected?

what i am looking for is a relatively cheap light w/ decent throw that doesnt eat expensive batts. the TL and US are too big and heavy (not to mention expensive), the Stinger is probably about right but if there is a cheaper way, i'd take that route. any other suggestions?

jln

Newly Enlightened
I *THINK* I've stuck NiMH batteries in my 3AA TT before and it worked. I can try it tonight when I get home to verify.

I don't know about the performance since I pretty much use to look for small stuff I drop on the floor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

maxilux

Enlightened
Hi

Your performance goes down, because you go from 4,5 Volt down to 3,6 Volt, i think you will see it. You must have very good NiMh batteries to have near the runtime of AlkalineBatteries.

jln

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I put in 3 2200mAh Powerex batteries and it turned on without any problems. Brightness seemed to be same as the Duracell Alkalines to my eye, but that's not saying much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

The only "odd" thing is that the Powerex NiMH batteries have to be pushed into the tube and shaken loose since it seems to be a hair thicker than the Duracells which slide in/out freely.