EAGTAC GX25A3

earcutter

Newly Enlightened
So I was looking for a new EDC light for the old pocket. I have been using a AA, but with the 18650's getting so small, I thought I would give a compact 18650 a try. Never owned a Eagletac before either - so I thought I would give em a try too :). I ordered a D25LC2 in XP-L. But just before I checked out, the wife informed me she wanted a dog walking light of her own.

Now she isn't into "exotic" batteries. So I struggled trying to find her a AA light that would make her happy. She loves my throwers, so I knew I was in for a bit of work. I originally was going to get her a 123 with a AA adaptor (the Sunwayman), but when I showed her the Eagletac GX25A3 - she instantly wanted it.

They both came in today! The good folks at IlluminationGear really deserve a shout out here. I ordered Sat morning - I got a shipping # that afternoon, and the flashlights were on my porch this afternoon (Monday) - with batteries charged no less :).

Anyway, the GX25A3 is remarkably short at 4.3"! Moreover, the diameter of 1.4" which had me a little concerned on paper, is actually really comfortable! The whole fit and finish and size just begs a person to want to hold it. It's really comfortable and somehow symmetrical. It's odd. Good odd.

We love the operation. Tighten it, and you know you have beam and strobe - loosen it and you are into the reg modes starting on low (no memory). In the reg modes, click and hold and you have instant turbo. Double click and hold and you have strobe. Its a nice feature. The only drawback for some is the lack of reg modes. There are only 3 - but that's fine for us as its a pretty much dedicated dog walking light.

I have no problem operating it one handed. I have read some claim that a twisty is a two handed affair. And for them it might be. For my wife and I - no problems one handed operation. Moreover, with the added tail cap with a clicky, the dual forward and rear clicky make it remarkably easy to utilize.

Of course, what is truly amazing is the throw this little thing gets with its "neutral" LED... and off of 3 AA's no less (I am running it on 3 14500's even though the light will not utilize the extra power). This thing will light up things two blocks away with great color definition (in my hood). No tree is tall enough to escape its beam, and I live in a neighborhood that's 115 years old with some tall trees :).

Now I don't want anyone to get the wrong impression and think I am not happy with my cool LEDed D25LC2 clicky. I like it a bunch - but I am enamored with my wife's GX25A3. I just haven't handled such a small light that feels so good in the hand that also puts out so much from 3 AA's no less lol.

I can't speak to how tough the light will be in the long-run. But it's certainly seemingly built as tough as any light I have ever owned... Hence, I recommend it. I am really impressed with this little thing - if you couldn't tell already lol.

**NOTE** this was written while the glow of new ownership is still paramount. :)

Last edited:

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for letting us know. Illuminationgear is a great dealer and I have had quite a few very satisfying Eagletac purchases from them. It is very nice that Eagletac offers neutral white on almost all of their models as I don't care for cool white at all. I have and have had more Eagletac lights than I can keep track of. :)

earcutter

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for letting us know. Illuminationgear is a great dealer and I have had quite a few very satisfying Eagletac purchases from them. It is very nice that Eagletac offers neutral white on almost all of their models as I don't care for cool white at all. I have and have had more Eagletac lights than I can keep track of. :)

Thanks. Yeah, the beam on her light in neutral is so much... more comfortable. Given the chance, I'll always opt for it now.

Hey, considering your experience, do the Eagletac's hold up well? I was eyeing the G series MK II with the kit as a "do it all" that would fit between my dedicated thrower (Armytec) and my pocket lights.

Would really like to hear about the longevity. Thanks.

MBentz

Enlightened
I still have a T20C2 from 2008 that works the same as the day I received it. Eagletac is one of the better made Chinese made brands IMO.

earcutter

Newly Enlightened
I still have a T20C2 from 2008 that works the same as the day I received it. Eagletac is one of the better made Chinese made brands IMO.

Thanks. Man - why did I think it was a US co? Appreciate the info.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like my GX25A3. It feels nice in the hand and I can also operate one handed as well. I would have really liked a neutral tint but they where not available when I purchased mine from IlluminationGear. Runtime on medium lasts a long time but still puts out a lot of light. All in all - very solid light.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
You probably thought Eagletac was a US company due to their name and eagles head logo. I made the same mistake when I first heard of them lol. As for my neutral white GX25A3 I must agree that it is an incredible light. Small enough to EDC and astonishing output for 3xAA. Ive got 5 "stubbies" now which are the GX25A3,D40A,SRA40,EA41,2015 edition EA41 and the 3xAA Eagletac hangs with all of them in terms of output. Only runtime is lower than the others due to 3xAA. I also agree that nobody does neutral white LED tints than Eagletac! Out of my 5 Eagletac lights 4 are neutral white. Each light is a slightly different variation of the neutral tint its pretty interesting. My G25C2 MkII has the creamiest most incandescent like neutral white Ive ever seen out of a flashlight

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. Yeah, the beam on her light in neutral is so much... more comfortable. Given the chance, I'll always opt for it now.

Hey, considering your experience, do the Eagletac's hold up well? I was eyeing the G series MK II with the kit as a "do it all" that would fit between my dedicated thrower (Armytec) and my pocket lights.

Would really like to hear about the longevity. Thanks.

Mine have been very reliable and I have many. I have two G25C2 MK II in neutral white FYI.

earcutter

Newly Enlightened
I like my GX25A3. It feels nice in the hand and I can also operate one handed as well. I would have really liked a neutral tint but they where not available when I purchased mine from IlluminationGear. Runtime on medium lasts a long time but still puts out a lot of light. All in all - very solid light.

You probably thought Eagletac was a US company due to their name and eagles head logo. I made the same mistake when I first heard of them lol. As for my neutral white GX25A3 I must agree that it is an incredible light. Small enough to EDC and astonishing output for 3xAA. Ive got 5 "stubbies" now which are the GX25A3,D40A,SRA40,EA41,2015 edition EA41 and the 3xAA Eagletac hangs with all of them in terms of output. Only runtime is lower than the others due to 3xAA. I also agree that nobody does neutral white LED tints than Eagletac! Out of my 5 Eagletac lights 4 are neutral white. Each light is a slightly different variation of the neutral tint its pretty interesting. My G25C2 MkII has the creamiest most incandescent like neutral white Ive ever seen out of a flashlight

Mine have been very reliable and I have many. I have two G25C2 MK II in neutral white FYI.

Thanks for all your inputs gents - that's very reassuring. And ultimately, will be the next dent in the old wallet lol. :)

As much as I like my wife's GX25A3... Rather, as much as I covet my wife's GX25A3; the G25C2 MK II with as CelticCross74 describes as "the creamiest most incandescent like neutral white Ive ever seen out of a flashlight.", and Mr. Tone states "Mine have been very reliable and I have many. I have two G25C2 MK II in neutral white FYI." - I just don't see how I couldn't get the MK II next :).

Of course - no one ever said redundancy was a bad thing :).

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
the aluminum flip bezel for the diffuser etc on the G25C2 is awesome! For once I end up actually using the kit stuff youll love it

D6859

Enlightened
My first GX25A3 was defect but I got a replacement soon. I've never found any use for the throwy beam of the light so I orderd an Olight diffuser (for M21X/M22). I lost the diffuser after a week's use so when I got new one I put a piece of Paracord through the keyring in the light and the hole in the diffuser. I use the light usually when I'm cleaning up the house or when I need to find something in the dark corners of the house. The diffuser makes it very useful for this purpose.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested in this light (or the 6xAA SX version), but I just don't like the mode spacing. It needs a good medium mode. I'd really like something like 3/30/300/1000 lumens.