Eagletac D25aaa

jonathandowers

Newly Enlightened
Looks like Eagletac revealed the D25aaa couple days ago. Anyone have any ideas when it will be available?

I am so friggin happy with the company. Minimalist design, slim profile, supports li-ion, CLICKY, and Nichia 219 = answer to my EDC prayers for the past 5 years :D

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm OK with twisty. Like the magnet in the tail. The clip looks clunky but robust. I like the choices of emitters. Now, where can you get it?

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like my D25As and that ET seems to appreciate nice tints and good low low modes with long runtimes. I'm pretty disappointed to see that their lowest battery capacity model has the highest low low output of the entire D25 line up. Also, ET doesn't seem use buck drivers for most of its D25 line so "Li-ion support" will likely = M/H/T[urbo] modes only. I'll have to pass on the runtime.

However, it's nice to see ET continues to be very honest with its specs - the equivalent Fenix specs doubles the ET's lumen-hours of efficiency on L/M although I suspect their actual performance will be close.

netprince

Enlightened
I like these lights too. They appear to be using PWM for modes according to the specs, am I wrong? Constant current dimming is so nice for these small lights, shame if these are PWM dimming.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer PWM dimming. In most cases it is not detectable, and it preserves the beam tint, instead of going green in the lower modes.
I would take PWM over current control every time.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
12 lumen low? Looks nice, I'd go for a ti version if it had a real low mode, but 12 lumens is way too bright for me.

I am with you 12 lumens far to bright considering how low my AA cell D25 is.Would be tempted though to put in my r/c hobby box if it was not for having a clicky as I hate out of date technology such as a twisty on/off.

gunga

Flashaholic
I don't mind twisties on AAA, clickies work but usually can't tail stand. It's funny, I'm talking about tail standing but my current Edc, preon revo is a notoriously poor Tailstander.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't mind twisties on AAA, clickies work but usually can't tail stand. It's funny, I'm talking about tail standing but my current Edc, preon revo is a notoriously poor Tailstander.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

D25A AA tail stands well.

jonathandowers

Newly Enlightened
Just heard back from Eagletac on availability. Their response: "D25AAA will be available at dealers (andrew-amanda.com) in a week."

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have hoped for a long time for a AAA version of the D25 Mini series and now that they have decided to make it, I'm a little disappointed to be honest, mostly with the output levels.

High is good, no problem there with 85 ANSI lumens, I'm okay with low being 8 lumens, but wish it had a better runtime than 6 hours and I don't know why they think 40 lumens with only 1.3 hours of runtimeis a good idea, that's barely less than half the output and less than double the runtime of high.

I wish it were 5, 20 and 80 or something like that to give a nice range of outputs.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have hoped for a long time for a AAA version of the D25 Mini series and now that they have decided to make it, I'm a little disappointed to be honest, mostly with the output levels.

High is good, no problem there with 85 ANSI lumens, I'm okay with low being 8 lumens, but wish it had a better runtime than 6 hours and I don't know why they think 40 lumens with only 1.3 hours of runtimeis a good idea, that's barely less than half the output and less than double the runtime of high.

Most AAA do not manage much in run times,does not bother me 6 hours would be fine for my needs,it only takes a few seconds to swap out a battery.

I wish it were 5, 20 and 80 or something like that to give a nice range of outputs.

It does not bother me 6 hours is more than enough for me and it takes less than a minute to swap out a battery.None of my AAA lights have extended use.

Last edited:

mrdabble

Newly Enlightened
Hey all, new to the forum. Love Eagletac lights and I just saw these lights last week, is it ok to ask where to find some in stock?

markr6

Flashaholic
12 lumen low? Looks nice, I'd go for a ti version if it had a real low mode, but 12 lumens is way too bright for me.

This, plus I hate when they make a tiny light but put a clip on it that sticks out 1/2 mile.