Christmas Gifts XII - All Gone

ksbman

Flashaholic*
Well, I just got home from work, so let me throw this out there, in case anyone is waiting. :whistle:

Here's the order in which the winners get to choose -

1. ~pp xzel87
2. ~~p Telly
3. ~pp goki
4. ~~p Romanko
5. ~~~ PaulSR
6. ~~s carling
7. ~~~ Happpyfeet
8. ~~ mpett1
9. ~~ ACruceSalus
10. ~~ radiopej
11. ~~ Anybodysguess

And here's what they get to choose -

Gone - to Telly 1. Mystery Gift, something wonderful, donated by kelmo.
Gone - to mpett1 2. P60 starter kit w/ Solarforce XM-L2 host or a Vinh made XM-L host, donated by msim. USA/Canada Shipping Only
Gone - to PaulSR 3. Nitecore D2 charger + two NCR18650BD (high drain cells), donated by thedoc007. USA Shipping Only
Gone - to Happpyfeet 4. Nitecore D2 charger + two Orbtronic NCR18650B (protected), donated by thedoc007. USA Shipping Only
Gone - to xzel87 5. Olight S20 Baton + one Olight NCR18650B (protected), donated by thedoc007.
Gone - to mpett1 6. Pelican M6 LED, lightly used, donated by gsr.
Gone - to Telly 7. Two Surefire P60 lamps, donated by gsr.
Gone - to PaulSR 8. Two Surefire P60 lamps, donated by gsr.
Gone - to Happpyfeet 9. Two Surefire P60 lamps, donated by gsr.
Gone - to Anybodysguess 10. Petzl Myo XP, good condition, donated by spinkid.
Gone - to carling 11. Petzl Myo XP, good condition, donated by spinkid.
Gone - to carling 12. Nitecore EA1 , cool white, donated by Stewdogg.
Gone - to Anybodysguess 13. Olight O'pen , neutral, black with box donated by Stewdogg.
Gone - to ACruceSalus 14. YEZL M5, donated by horizonseeker.
Gone - to ACruceSalus 15. Surefire U2 Ultra Digital, old, luxeon emitter, good condition, donated by ksbman.
Gone - to Happpyfeet 16. Surefire P2X Fury , good condition, donated by ksbman.
Gone - to PaulSR 17. Elektrolumens EDC-XML-R, good condition, donated by ksbman.
Gone - to radiopej 18. 4Sevens Maelstrom G5, switch kinda iffy, sometimes have to click it a couple time before it stays on, ksbman.
Gone - to Romanko 19. FourSevens Quark Pro QPA, good condition, donated by ksbman.
Gone - to Romanko 20. Princeton Tec Apex Pro, black, good condition, few years old, donated by ksbman.
Gone - to goki 21. Armytek Tiara C1 XM-L2, new, donated by ksbman.
Gone - to radiopej 22. two-tone (Black & Blue) 4D Maglite with the 3-LED Terralux TLE-300 drop-in, donated by Monocrom.

I'd like to thank all the Santas who donated a gift for the give-away. :thanks: :bow:

RULES- Don't take a light just because it is free. If you have no use for what is available when it is your turn to choose, leave it for the next person. Please be considerate.

The first person on the list picks which light he wants and posts his choice. The second person then makes his choice from what's left and posts what he's chosen. And so on.

Once we get to the bottom of the list there will still be some lights left over. We'll just run the list again, this time in reverse order, starting from the bottom and working up until all the lights are gone.

I will update the list to reflect what's been chosen already, but you don't have to wait on me. Just read the post ahead of yours and choose accordingly. All updates to this list will be in the first post only.

The process will take a few days because I won't notify you when it's your turn. You'll just have to check the thread to see when you're up. In the past, the people on the list below a slowpoke will PM/e-mail that person, several times. :poke:

On the first run of the list, if it's been your turn for two days and you haven't chose yet, you will be skipped over. On the second (or more) run, you have one day to choose before you are skipped over. If you have been skipped, you can choose whenever you do show back up.

After you've chosen a light, send an e-mail or PM with your address to the person who donated the light and we'll mail your light to you.

And it's not too late to be added to the bottom of the list if you qualify.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! :santa:

This thread is for people who wish to receive a Christmas light. The other thread is for people who wish to donate a Christmas light.

:santa: This is year twelve for the Christmas Give-away, 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/213568 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013, let's have some fun again.:santa:

I asked other CPF members to donate a light (or whatever) that they are not using. :candle: :clap:

Friday, December 12th, I will post, in random order, the names of those whom ask to be considered in this thread. Those people will then be able to choose a donated light, one at a time, starting from the top of the list.

This offer is open to those participating members of the CPF community who cannot afford to buy one of these lights themselves, whether it be because they have no job, no disposable income, are still in school, or ?.

Same rules as the previous years-

- If you haven't posted on CPF before this post, you don't qualify.
- If your 'About Me' profile isn't filled out, you don't qualify.
- If you have received a gift from the last Christmas Give-away, then you don't qualify.
- If you have more than one 'high end' light, you don't qualify.
- If you just don't want to spend your own money, you don't qualify.
- If you just want another light to add to your collection, you don't qualify.

PLEASE do not ask to be considered just because you do not want to spend your own money. Let someone who truly is in need have a chance to get a light.

I won't mention what lights are available until December 12th. Because this give-away has started so late, some (most?) of you may not receive your gift until after Christmas. It may even be a short list this year, with the short notice and all, but lets give it a go.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! :grouphug:

:santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa: :santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa:

Here's Santas list so far (not in drawing order) -

1. ACruceSalus
2. Romanko
3. PaulSR
4. Happpyfeet
5. radiopej
6. goki
7. carling
8. xzel87
9. Telly
10. mpett1

Last edited:

ACruceSalus

Enlightened
Re: Christmas Gifts XII

TY Keith for doing this. I'm impressed that this is the 12th year of Christmas giveaways. I found and joined CPF in March of this year. I love how everyone helps each other out and I'm happy to be part of this community. Please add my name to the list.

Romanko

Newly Enlightened

Hi. I would like to join. Would be nice to get a good light. Especially after outages. Thank you for the ability to join Christmas giveaway.

Nomad

Enlightened

This is why, and a subtle rule change that I bet a lot of folks have missed: - If you have received a gift from the last Christmas Give-away, then you don't qualify.
Before, it was if you have received a gift from the previous three giveaways. :)
I don't qualify this year because of the rule change, but that's fair enough. I just wish that the lights I'd been given in the previous drawings hadn't been stolen (car stolen and then I ran into a string of crazy landlords before finding my current stable situation.)

PaulSR

Newly Enlightened

I am interested in joining this. I was just downsized at work. Christmas this year will be stark. Thank you so much for the opportunity.

Happpyfeet

Newly Enlightened

Thank you for this wonderful Christmas event! I have been learning over time, and my goal is to find just the right light for my wheelchair. It's pretty dark out here, and recently being so disabled is a challenge. Thanks to my better half who has been teaching me the finer workings of flashlights, and everyone here on CPF with the wealth of knowledge they share! Please consider me to be included in this giveaway! :thanks:

ACruceSalus

Enlightened

Cheers to ksbman, a fellow Michigander (I'm no longer living there), for running the first 7 Christmas giveaways and taking this one on too. :thumbsup:

radiopej

Enlightened

When you say high end, what does this mean? I'd tentatively like to enter if that means multi-emitter type lights or customs. If things like the PD32 UE count, then I'll sit it out as I have those and others would benefit more.

Either way, thanks for running such a thing. :)

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

my good luck started (almost) with the giveaway i landed from another thread earlier. i finally was able to get the light to a halfway decent magnitude (at least by flashaholic standards). i might have been #6 if vinh hadn't sent a prayer my way. i landed temporary work just in time to kick me out of using this thread this year. i was able to pick up some v54 lights this year and i'm thankful and blessed. i'm sending some seasons greetings, cheer, and good fortune towards all those on the list and hope the year looks up for you, like it did for me. Happy holidays everyone!!!

Bruno28

Enlightened

Nice thread. Good luck to the participants. Happy holidays to all :)

Last edited:

Supernatural

Newly Enlightened

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! Good luck to those who get to enter. :santa:

Can I get the generous 'anonymous' donor who sent me a gift (item #22) last year, to contact me. I'm having a problem with the light and was hoping he might have some input into how to fix it. The drop in won't stay on high, keeps flashing back to low level. I use to think it was a problem with the switch, but recently it started to blink every few seconds on the low level. Don't know what to do to fix it. Help! Thanks!

goki

Newly Enlightened

I'd like to be considered this year. Currently I'm working two jobs to cover for expenses. Thank you!

carling

Newly Enlightened

Add me to the list please. My health hasn't been good this year and staying in front of the computer or TV for more than a couple of minutes always results in a headache. Thanks.

xzel87

Enlightened

Can I participate in this?, I feel embarrassed even asking because although I do not have possession of any high end lights, I do have a rather good for value one, well good for value based on what I read here at least, but still takes up about 10-20%% of my net salary, paid through debt of course because I really don't have any extra month to month :(. With that said, I realise that I'm never going to be able to afford anything custom. It's no problem, but reading through the custom light section makes me go very very green with envy :sick2:

Thanks for consideration and I sincerely hope I will be able to be a giver next time around, need to pass the goodwill around :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Telly

Newly Enlightened

Hoping to participate..
for my background - I am a stay at home Mom of 2 girls, and an trying hard home baker.
Married and eternally in-love to a Flashaholic Crohnie who unfortunately is bedridden.

- Have not received anything from any of the giveaways
- No high-end light

Thanks

Last edited:

ksbman

Flashaholic*

Well, I just got home from work, so let me throw this out there, in case anyone is waiting. :whistle:

Here's the order in which the winners get to choose -

1. xzel87
2. Telly
3. goki
4. Romanko
5. PaulSR
6. carling
7. Happpyfeet
8. mpett1
9. ACruceSalus
10. radiopej

And here's what they get to choose -

1. Mystery Gift, something wonderful, donated by kelmo.
2. P60 starter kit w/ Solarforce host, drop-in, and 18650 donated by msim.
3. Nitecore D2 charger + two NCR18650BD (high drain cells), donated by thedoc007. USA SHIPPING ONLY
4. Nitecore D2 charger + two Orbtronic NCR18650B (protected), donated by thedoc007. USA SHIPPING ONLY
5. Olight S20 Baton + one Olight NCR18650B (protected), donated by thedoc007.
6. Pelican M6 LED, lightly used, donated by gsr.
7. Two Surefire P60 lamps, donated by gsr.
8. Two Surefire P60 lamps, donated by gsr.
9. Two Surefire P60 lamps, donated by gsr.
10. Petzl Myo XP, good condition, donated by spinkid.
11. Petzl Myo XP, good condition, donated by spinkid.
12. Nitecore EA1 , cool white, donated by Stewdogg.
13. Olight O'pen , neutral, black with box donated by Stewdogg.
14. YEZL M5, donated by horizonseeker.
15. Surefire U2 Ultra Digital, old, luxeon emitter, good condition, donated by ksbman.
16. Surefire P2X Fury , good condition, donated by ksbman.
17. Elektrolumens EDC-XML-R, good condition, donated by ksbman.
18. 4Sevens Maelstrom G5, good condition, donated by ksbman.
19. FourSevens Quark Pro QPA, good condition, donated by ksbman.
20. Princeton Tec Apex Pro, black, good condition, few years old, donated by ksbman.
21. Armytek Tiara C1 XM-L2, new, donated by ksbman.

I'd like to thank all the Santas who donated a gift for the give-away. :thanks: :bow:

RULES- Don't take a light just because it is free. If you have no use for what is available when it is your turn to choose, leave it for the next person. Please be considerate.

The first person on the list picks which light he wants and posts his choice. The second person then makes his choice from what's left and posts what he's chosen. And so on.

Once we get to the bottom of the list there will still be some lights left over. We'll just run the list again, this time in reverse order, starting from the bottom and working up until all the lights are gone.

I will update the list to reflect what's been chosen already, but you don't have to wait on me. Just read the post ahead of yours and choose accordingly. All updates to this list will be in the first post only.

The process will take a few days because I won't notify you when it's your turn. You'll just have to check the thread to see when you're up. In the past, the people on the list below a slowpoke will PM/e-mail that person, several times. :poke:

On the first run of the list, if it's been your turn for two days and you haven't chose yet, you will be skipped over. On the second (or more) run, you have one day to choose before you are skipped over. If you have been skipped, you can choose whenever you do show back up.

After you've chosen a light, send an e-mail or PM with your address to the person who donated the light and we'll mail your light to you.

And it's not too late to be added to the bottom of the list if you qualify.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! :santa:

xzel87

Enlightened

wow I just woke up and checked the thread and imagine my surprise being 1st on the list.. i hope I didn't take too long to respond.

For me, I would love to have the Olight S20 Baton, would be my first 18650 edc light, it's so tiny!

Need to find a charger for it now though =P.