Who owns a Nitecore TM36?

RemcoM

Enlightened
Hi all,

1 Who have a nitecore TM36?

2 Whats your opinion, about the throw, at highest turbomode? How far does it throw, at turbo? Has somebody try this?

I still not try this, because, its not clear air here, fog, or haze/high humidity.

3 What are your overall experiences with the light?

My opinion, is that its fantastic, when clear outside, i highly guess...beam/hotspot, is clearly visible, outside, when pointed it at walls/houses, at afternoon, on a cloudy day.

Thats really awesome.

4 Who has a TM36vn? How far does that throw? Your opinion, about the TM36vn?

Remco

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not own either, but I have tested lumens and throw on tm36vn version (sbt70 version, not xml2)

Its a nice light and built extremely well and handles heat very well.

For me personally its way to big of a light to carry around, especially when there are other smaller options that out throw it.

The going price of the tm36 is around $350 now with various coupon codes, for that price there are many other options like the fenix tk61vn v3.5, k50vn, etc that are smaller and throw just much of not more than the tm36.

I guess if you got a tm36vn with xml2 you would have one of the furthest throwing lights out there. Tk61vn 3.5 is close to the same numbers though.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like mine a lot.

Although cool, one does not have to contend with ugly green tint. The price includes batteries, Which makes a significant difference. You are not relying on one person for any warranty needs. (Anyone remember when V54 talked about maybe having to leave the flashlight world for a time?)
It has quite a bit of capacity, hence the large size and substantial weight. The difference in throw may be just about undetectable with our eyes, compared with the souped up hotrods.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not own either, but I have tested lumens and throw on tm36vn version (sbt70 version, not xml2)

Its a nice light and built extremely well and handles heat very well.

For me personally its way to big of a light to carry around, especially when there are other smaller options that out throw it.

The going price of the tm36 is around $350 now with various coupon codes, for that price there are many other options like the fenix tk61vn v3.5, k50vn, etc that are smaller and throw just much of not more than the tm36.

I guess if you got a tm36vn with xml2 you would have one of the furthest throwing lights out there. Tk61vn 3.5 is close to the same numbers though.

I don't recall Vinh swapping out the SBT-70 emitter for an XM-L2. I thought his tweaks were of the SBT-70.

The TK61vn light retails for $320 plus the cost of batteries. It won't handle the heat as well as the TM36.

Getting ready to send my TK61 for up-grade also using the bin U3.

RemcoM

Enlightened
I like mine a lot.

Although cool, one does not have to contend with ugly green tint. The price includes batteries, Which makes a significant difference. You are not relying on one person for any warranty needs. (Anyone remember when V54 talked about maybe having to leave the flashlight world for a time?)
It has quite a bit of capacity, hence the large size and substantial weight. The difference in throw may be just about undetectable with our eyes, compared with the souped up hotrods.

Do you mean, that the difference in throw, between the stock TM36, and the TM36vn, and the TK61vn, is not really that much, and not really detectable with our eyes?

So, then im happy with my stock TM36.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you mean, that the difference in throw, between the stock TM36, and the TM36vn, and the TK61vn, is not really that much, and not really detectable with our eyes?

So, then im happy with my stock TM36.

The stock TM36 has plenty of throw for me. I could be mistaken about a visual difference with a VN modded or different model modded. Don't get me wrong: V54 are impressive tools/toys. His basic SkyLumen SL1 is roughly visually equivalent in throw to the TM36 level 2 and level 4 and has almost physics defying heat management, bordering on magical. Now that I have replaced the bezel oring with a larger size on the SL1, I have a lot more confidence taking it out in the elements, and the two modes are perfect for my needs. All that in a package that is less than 350 (?) grams. But the TM36 is going to run a lot longer and it is so nice to know state-of-charge as well as being able to charge the battery pack so easily. Great arm exercise: just remember to switch hands.

RemcoM

Enlightened
The stock TM36 has plenty of throw for me. I could be mistaken about a visual difference with a VN modded or different model modded. Don't get me wrong: V54 are impressive tools/toys. His basic SkyLumen SL1 is roughly visually equivalent in throw to the TM36 level 2 and level 4 and has almost physics defying heat management, bordering on magical. Now that I have replaced the bezel oring with a larger size on the SL1, I have a lot more confidence taking it out in the elements, and the two modes are perfect for my needs. All that in a package that is less than 350 (?) grams. But the TM36 is going to run a lot longer and it is so nice to know state-of-charge as well as being able to charge the battery pack so easily. Great arm exercise: just remember to switch hands.

How far can your TM36 throw?

I only check it out, when it is absolutely clear and with dry air outside, with no moon.

1 Can i lit up trees at 800 meters......400 meters, and trees/objects, at 1100 meters? the beamdistance is 1100 meters.

2 Have you tested it out? How far you can lit up objects, bright, and barely visible...but visible?

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
How far can your TM36 throw?

Probably about the same distance as yours. Usable (practical) throw is a personal thing, I think. For the terrain I explore, the distances are such that anything I want to light up with this NiteCore will be vivid. I am not interested in talking about numbers like that. Perhaps others will engage, not me.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont own this light nor will I. I also dont believe Nitecores 310000 candela rating as Nitecore is notorious for overrating and overstating the output of their lights. At least with the TK61vn you know the numbers are correct. Why own a light that throws beyond the distance of your vision anyways? Hell my SR52 throws just beyond the limit of my vision. I would LOVE for Selfbuilt to get ahold of a Tm36 as Im confident hed confirm the numbers he gets and the advertised numbers just dont match.

RemcoM

Enlightened
Yes, i read 2 owners saying, they tested the TM36, at only 180 kcD, instesd of the 310 kcD.

Yes, thats dissapointing, isnt it? You hope you have finally the light of your dreams...but still no.

I hope mine does more, otherwise i definitely stop my flashlighthobby, because vinhlights, and powerfull HID lights, are to expensive for me.

only 300, to over 1000 kcD, do it for me.

The TK61 stock, is also not impressive at all, alot of owners, reported only 130 kcD, instead, of the 170 kcD.

A TK61vn, a K60 vn, with near 600 kcd....a Deft X, HID spotlights, or a Maxabeam, with over 1000, or over 2000 kcD, will do it for me...then you surely outthrow car, and even airplanelandinglights.

Wish i can buy these, but then comes the moneyproblem....TOO EXPENSIVE! And not available in netherlands, Europe.

Man! That will be impressive, and has the real WOW factor. But the TK61, and TM36, with much less kcD, than promised, is not WOW at all.

I hate it, when i receive a light, and then the lcD, is much less than the promised kcD.

Im still waiting, when Olight comes with a new superthrower. They have nothing new, of superthrowers.

And fenix, need to come with something better than the TK61. They need to go also over 300 kcd, and higher.

Last edited:

RemcoM

Enlightened
Hi KITROBASKIN,

Is it true, that the stobe, beacon, and SOS mode, are at the turbointensity, of 1800 lumen, of the TM36.

Have you seen that-noticed also=2 Can i leave my Nitecore TM36, with Beaconmode on, or SOS, strobe..or at turbomode, and get away from it, about 1 kilometer, or more-less, and look back into it,

Is tht doable-possible, or do the light attrack attention then.

kj2

Flashaholic
If you can walk or drive a kilometer, then you could see it for yourself. I highly doubt if anyone here has tried that. So be the first, try it out and report back.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi KITROBASKIN,

Is it true, that the stobe, beacon, and SOS mode, are at the turbointensity, of 1800 lumen, of the TM36.

Have you seen that-noticed also=2 Can i leave my Nitecore TM36, with Beaconmode on, or SOS, strobe..or at turbomode, and get away from it, about 1 kilometer, or more-less, and look back into it,

Is tht doable-possible, or do the light attrack attention then.

I simply do not know. The terrain where I live is not suitable for that experiment. Let us know your results, please.

RemcoM

Enlightened
Yes, the bacon, SOS, and strobe, are indeed at the max output.

Very intense, and very nice feature.

Im very VERY happy with this light.