Olight S10R throw

BBeard

Newly Enlightened
I am looking at a S10R as a possible edc. The thing that has me hesitating is that this is a flood light, according to Olight's customer service.
I am hoping an owner of one of these lights can tell me how far away at night could I clearly see my dog running around. Lets say its in a town but in a non illuminated area such as a park.

Also their "Tactical" Maverick has the exact same beam as the S10R so I don't see how they call it a tactical light.

kj2

Flashaholic
I am looking at a S10R as a possible edc. The thing that has me hesitating is that this is a flood light, according to Olight's customer service.
I am hoping an owner of one of these lights can tell me how far away at night could I clearly see my dog running around. Lets say its in a town but in a non illuminated area such as a park.

Also their "Tactical" Maverick has the exact same beam as the S10R so I don't see how they call it a tactical light.
They call it 'tactical' because of how the light is set up. With clicky and UI.
At the moment I'm working on a review on the S10R, S15R and S20R. Useful range of the S10R I would say, about 50 meters. After that point light will fade more and more, so
you aren't to see things clear.

BBeard

Newly Enlightened
50 meters. Thats the info I needed. So tactical doesn't have anything to do with the beam?
They call it 'tactical' because of how the light is set up. With clicky and UI.
At the moment I'm working on a review on the S10R, S15R and S20R. Useful range of the S10R I would say, about 50 meters. After that point light will fade more and more, so
you aren't to see things clear.

Taz80

Enlightened
The Maverick has a smooth reflector thats deeper than the S10's, so it has a tighter hotspot and throws a little farther. You can also set the maverick up so strobe is first.