huge azzz snake!!! 49 feet 990 lbs

Kiessling

Flashaholic
oh oh ... another country to be removed from my "want-to-be-there" list /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
one might ask oneself what other interesting things walk the earth unnoticed to date, not to mention the deep oceans.
I really would like to know!
bernhard

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
makes my 12' 60 lb boas seem tiny.
has anything more official been released?
have heard stories like this before but turned out to be bs.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the video it looks like the real thing to me.

I wonder if that Sumatran tribe that revered it as a "Leader" (read: god) ever fed it any humans when the dogs got wise? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

BC

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ive had a few snakes and reticalted have nasty attiitudes. i wont even pic up a smaler one

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have had several retics that i cared for while their owners went on vacation.
never had a problem with them.
the worst was a 3 foot columbian boa that was a wild capture from a pet store.the store gave it to me as it was too nasty to sell.took a while to settle down but after carefull handling every day and getting her used to my smell she is now tame enough to let the neighborhood kids handle.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
snakebite said:
i have had several retics that i cared for while their owners went on vacation.
never had a problem with them.
the worst was a 3 foot columbian boa that was a wild capture from a pet store.the store gave it to me as it was too nasty to sell.took a while to settle down but after carefull handling every day and getting her used to my smell she is now tame enough to let the neighborhood kids handle.

[/ QUOTE ]cool i like ball pythons and boas.

MichiganMan

Enlightened
I saw a different picture of the snake in another news story. Ah, here it is. In the picture is one of the bravest men I think I shall ever see. He appears to be a keeper or handler and he is standing, looking quite relaxed, next to, actually touching the creature. Now I've had a ball python and have been amazed at the size of rats my little four foot pet took down without a sweat (if he could sweat of course) Its speed and strength were similarily suprising for its size. Many of those who have had reptiles can tell you that you never really know what the animal will do, they aren't remotely as predictable as more conventional pets, ie. the teacher I gave mine to was unexpectedly bitten by my "tame" pet last week having done nothing but picking up the snake as he had dozens of times before. If the snake in this picture experienced a similar moment of ill will, all the assistance in the world would not have proved sufficient to save that keepers life.

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just talking to one of my Herp friends. This story turned out to be a hoax. The real snake was about 25'. At that length, he could still eat you, I suppose.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
bummer dude i thought it was real i like storys like that but being untrue ruins it