Led Lenser will rule Shot Show 2015 !

utlgoa

Enlightened
At least, that is my prediction !

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
They better cause as it is now nearly the entire high end flashlight industry is leaving LED Lenser in the dust

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
8202295798_0496edf7ed.jpg

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
They better cause as it is now nearly the entire high end flashlight industry is leaving LED Lenser in the dust

That may be true, but LED Lenser ( Coast here) does not make high end lights, so there is no way they would complete with them anyway.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
led lenser never was the ruler.. never cutting edge. but i really wish that they WILL up their game.

they got by just because they had good quality control and solid build, and that the lights worked like oldie incans, just dimming slowly and not totally cutting off like other comparable led flashlights did/do, that is something what many workerclass people value(d), and ofcourse having one of the best focusing heads to use.

Norm

Retired Administrator
That may be true, but LED Lenser ( Coast here) does not make high end lights, so there is no way they would complete with them anyway.

You mightn't consider them high end, but they do offer some high priced lights.

LED Lenser X21.2 is priced well over $400.

Norm

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any evidence or documents that they are coming out with new/different technology/lights? Other that your post, I forgotten that they even existed.

bdogps

Enlightened
You mightn't consider them high end, but they do offer some high priced lights.

LED Lenser X21.2 is priced well over $400.

Norm

That is another reason why I stay far away from them. I cannot justify buying a torch at that price. If I was, I rather go with a Surefire brand. I went to the mall a couple weeks ago, the watch fixer/ key maker kiosk had a led lenser for sale for 175$AUD. I think it was a 200 lumen light. I guess the biggest appeal to retail is that they use AA or triple AAA batteries. The average consumer gets intimidated by anything they have not used, such as 18650 or cr123 batteries. At my local sporting good store, they sell led lenser head lamps for 80-120 dollars. Max lumens is 75-120 lumens. Do expect to pay more if it comes with a red colour led.

The main selling point is that they are a German made torch and the zoomable head.

SureAddicted

Enlightened
That is another reason why I stay far away from them. I cannot justify buying a torch at that price. If I was, I rather go with a Surefire brand. I went to the mall a couple weeks ago, the watch fixer/ key maker kiosk had a led lenser for sale for 175$AUD.

So you stay away from companies that make high priced flashlights, but you're ok with SF, which costs much more, especially here in Oz? Do some research on how much SF's cost in retail stores, then come back to this thread. You just contradicted yourself. I've seen 6P's retail for around $250, 9Z's retailing for $450.
What you're trying to say is that because some retailers mark up more than the rest, Lensers are overpriced? This is simply not the case.

Last edited:

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
"Genuine lensers" are hard to find for cheap. Considering that mich of their manufacturing is outsourced to the same country that almost everything is now made, it doesnt exactly justify the exorbitant costs. For the longest time, lensers had foregone dedicated driver circuitry and stuck with a dual resistor setup. This led to basically direct drive on alkalines, which gave nowhere near enough power to continuously run the light for too long. Also, continued usage of nimh actually fried my p7 tail circuits so yeah....

Granted, Lenser still did send me a new switch, kudos to them. Surefire has a pretty substantial warranty behind their lights from an authorized retailer, as well as the benefit of the majority of the parts being made and assembled in the USA. Personally, Id be willing to pay the same price for a little less light if it meant I would get a greater value for cost light.

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must own everything Coast has ever made as well as a couple LED Lensers they are how I became a total flashaholic. I still LOVE the zoomable heads and think it is a feature that should be much more common across brands. I cannot believe how much LED Lensers cost now! Their Coast counterparts are the same thing and half the price or less. The LED Lensers are very nice for what they are but in order to compete have GOT to make some big waves somehow. Despite having a couple dozen Coast/LED Lensers I cannot even remember the last time I used one. For lights the size of the LED Lenser P7 for example Fenix, Nitecore etc would have such a sized light pumping 1000+ reliable lumens as well as every other feature you could think of. I greatly respected LED Lenser for a long time but come on...$100 for 200+ lumens is ridiculous. Their value to me is now in the toilet which is just sad its like their engineering department just vanished a couple years ago....would LOVE to see LED Lenser rock SHOT show but it just aint gonna happen...

SureAddicted

Enlightened
For the longest time, lensers had foregone dedicated driver circuitry and stuck with a dual resistor setup. This led to basically direct drive on alkalines, which gave nowhere near enough power to continuously run the light for too long. Also, continued usage of nimh actually fried my p7 tail circuits so yeah....

Not true. While not every single torch LL makes uses a driver setup, they have always had flashlights in the lineup that did utilise drivers. This has been the case for at least the past 4-5 yrs.
If you look at flashlights made today, most can't handle full power for more than a minute for few, before dropping drastically in output.

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
I am aware that some of their newer "r" labeled models have drivers in them, but for almost double the standard msrp of the other models. As far as output regulation; with most affordable LENSERS, the output drops drastically and is unregulated for the remainder of the operation, down to less than 10% of the initial perceived brightness within a matter of 10-15 minutes. At least with the other majority of lights in the same price range, the lower level stays at a somewhat constant output of 50-75% of initial output. I cannot speak for the current powerhouse lensers as I have yet to handle one, but the more "budget oriented" ones still have comparably less desirable regulation in application.

In short, as an end consumer making a comparison between two products in the same pricing and/or size class, I would be inclined to go with a more practically overengineered light such as Surefire or Elzetta.

Last edited:

bdogps

Enlightened
So you stay away from companies that make high priced flashlights, but you're ok with SF, which costs much more, especially here in Oz? Do some research on how much SF's cost in retail stores, then come back to this thread. You just contradicted yourself. I've seen 6P's retail for around $250, 9Z's retailing for $450.
What you're trying to say is that because some retailers mark up more than the rest, Lensers are overpriced? This is simply not the case.

Remember I said "if" that is the key word, "if." I am aware of Surefire prices that is why I don't own any. I am aware of Wolfeyes prices as well. All that I was saying was that "if" I was going to spend that kind of money, I would rather spend it on a Surefire torch. The most I have spent on a torch is 140$ and that is for the Thrunite TN30. Sorry that I was not clear on that and I too apologise Sureaddicted if I have offended you in anyway.

My argument on SF vs Led Lenser is that SF have that appeal that they are the "preferred" choice for American military and American Law enforcement. I would not mind a SF the only thing is that I do not have money to burn on cr123 batteries.

Yes, I know how much batteries costs as well, that is why I stick with 18650s.

Last edited:

infoseeker

Newly Enlightened
That is another reason why I stay far away from them. I cannot justify buying a torch at that price. If I was, I rather go with a Surefire brand. I went to the mall a couple weeks ago, the watch fixer/ key maker kiosk had a led lenser for sale for 175$AUD. I think it was a 200 lumen light. I guess the biggest appeal to retail is that they use AA or triple AAA batteries. The average consumer gets intimidated by anything they have not used, such as 18650 or cr123 batteries. At my local sporting good store, they sell led lenser head lamps for 80-120 dollars. Max lumens is 75-120 lumens. Do expect to pay more if it comes with a red colour led.

The main selling point is that they are a German made torch and the zoomable head.

i aggree with your on AA and AAA-

but people here are forgetting that LL is trying to catch some countries that the batteries AA and AAA are easy to get and cheap

here in my country, you cna buy AA and AAA even in province so far from the city
unlike cr123a and 18650 and likes- which is are so expensive and you need to be in big mall in the city to get them.

so i think your from AUSsie - any specific link for your claim 80-120$ with 75 to 120lumens output?