What happened to Nitecore's PD series?

campingnut

Enlightened
In the Redwoods just North of the Golden Gate
I have a D11 as one of my nightstand lights and I love the UI. Does anyone know why Nitecore stopped producing the entire PD series? Is there an inherent issue? Lack of demand?

I just visited their website and they are nowhere to be found... :thinking:

gofastman

Enlightened
I have a D11 as one of my nightstand lights and I love the UI. Does anyone know why Nitecore stopped producing the entire PD series? Is there an inherent issue? Lack of demand?

I just visited their website and they are nowhere to be found... :thinking:

You're not confusing it with fenix's PD line are you?

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're not confusing it with fenix's PD line are you?

No, he's talking about their Smart Piston Drive (PD) series from 2010, IIRC. The D11.2 was part of that line. They discontinued them sometime in like 2012, IIRC, but I don't remember any announcement as to why.

I've not seen anything like that from Nitecore in years - their current focus is their MT (Multitask), MH (Multitask Hybrid), Precise (P series), Smart Ring (SRT series), and Chameleon lines. I don't know if they're doing more Explorer or Tiny Monster lights anytime soon.

Last edited:

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
They're releasing new models from Explorer series quite regularily (EA41, EC20, EC21 etc).

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
i actually "found" my old d10 and ex10 last week again, and yeah, they still are pretty cool lights to have and use. kinda sad that niteocore have moved away from an unique user interface into "normal" ones.

i have been playing with the d10 alot this weekend.. so much so that i kinda would like it to be upgraded to more modern neutral or high cri led. and start carrying it again time to time.