Would you rather have one E1D or a S10r/s30r pair?

tonywalker23

Newly Enlightened
I got a s10r and s30r light during Black Friday. Haven't got the 30 yet though. I also have a e1d. I like lights, used to be more into them, and now can't really just having all three money wise.

So just curious what others think. Would you eBay the surefire so you could have two brand new olights, or send the olights back so you could keep the sf?

I like the olight. And I'm sure I'd like the 30 once it comes in. But just can't seem to see myself getting rid of my sf.

Thoughts?

P1X4R

Newly Enlightened
"two is one and one is none." Personally I have a prepper mentality when it comes to emergency gear.

I'm waiting for my s30r to come in also. Arrives tomorrow! :)

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
First good call on the money thing. I've been thinning out my already thin "collection". I have 2 x E1DL's. Thats it.

You have the new E1DL correct? If so, it's a fantastic light and will turn into a classic like its larger sibling. If you keep it in relatively good shape you will have better resale value long term. Personally I would keep the Surefire. I always looked at them on paper and just couldn't make sense of the specs,... until I bought one.... then it was "Oh!". In addition, my first hand CS experience with SF has been spectacular and I am 100% positive that any other manufacturer wouldn't have accommodated the way SF has.

I had 3 other very popular imported lights that I absolutely loved, and all 3 went bad within a couple years. 1 of them within a couple months. ( None of them Olights, no experience. )

That said, Olight ain't half bad at all, I hear good things all the time, but its not a Surefire.

:whistle:

EDIT:

Tony? Im just seeing your user name! I've watched all your flashlight videos and even one of your sermons because of the E1DL review! Good stuff! And Im agnostic.

+2 Surefire

EDIT EDIT: I think you would miss the SF.

Last edited:

tonywalker23

Newly Enlightened
i think i would miss the sf too, but i sure do like the reachable base and the moonlight mode of the s10r. oh the choices!

thanks for watching my youtube channel! its slowed down some do to my new "job." the main use of my flashlights was to light up my powerless building when i would study but i have an office now. so they get a lot less use. I've got a few small things id like to make a few videos of but just haven don't it yet.

which sermon did you watch?

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im at work now but will look it up and reply later. But I like your style, its authoritative but practical, a lot of Pastors forget about the practical part and get all whimsical, then on the other end there are some that are all plain and dry, like eating paper... Anywho we'll talk PM as to not derail the thread.

Back to topic: Keep the SF. If your lights see less use you don't really "need" 2 right? I'd rather have 1 Mercedes than 2 Toyotas. ( NOT a jab at Olight, they make great stuff / just my opinion. ) I always like LESS things. "The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden

Last edited:

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep the E1DL. It will outlast the Olights, and if it does have problems, you have a great warranty from a USA based company to fall back on.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep the SureFire.
It is a tool that will be with you for the long run. Not a toy.