Help! PD35 Flickering Issue!

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the 3 lower modes I get flicker. On the lowest mode it is the worst. Ill mode switch over to the lowest mode where the light will come on for 3 seconds then flicker for another 3 seconds then go out completely. Oddly I can still mode advance from the flickered out lowest setting into the next one higher but there is still flickering. On the 2 modes above the lowest the light will stay on but will flicker still. The higher I go in modes the less flickering there is. High and turbo do not flicker at all. Ive heard this may have something to do with the ring inside the tailcap being loose so I tried tightening that. It did help a little now the lowest mode will make it 8 seconds before it flickers out. Ive tightened this ring as far as it can go. Any ideas?

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can bypass the clicky altogether by using a piece of tinfoil to bridge the battery tube edge to the battery's negative pad. Or bypass both the tube and clicky by holding the positive battery terminal to the positive spring and then running a wire from the negative battery pad to the outer brass ring in the head (don't touch anything further inside the outer ring, but outside is OK - like the threads). This test will just narrow the problem to the head, or clicky, or battery tube connection.

Last edited:

fenix1

Newly Enlightened
Hi,please do what reppans has said,if your switch is OK,then there maybe something wrong with the head,please contact with fenix customer service center at [email protected] for you.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bypassed the clicky as instructed reppans and it still does it. Contacted Fenix. Lord having to send this thing to China and back is gonna take awhile.