*NEW* FourSevens Maelstrom MMX-360

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.foursevens.com/products/MMX-360-AF

v8vIgHN.png

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like the concept of this switching mechanism. Hopefully there will be a good review of it soon to see if it works reliably. If so, I think I will have to pick one up.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
A side switch that encircles the light? Sounds like a good solution for fast acquisition But still can't find out how the thing works. The manufacturer description tells us it can do good things but no one says how it does it. 4 Sevens could make a function video.

Are we to understand that this light will not accept a single 18650?

Will it be sold with a 5000K color temp?

What is the beam profile? Throw?

Last edited:

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
A side switch that encircles the light? Sounds like a good solution for fast acquisition But still can't find out how the thing works. The manufacturer description tells us it can do good things but no one says how it does it. 4 Sevens could make a function video.

Are we to understand that this light will not accept a single 18650?

Will it be sold with a 5000K color temp?

What is the beam profile? Throw?

Switch: It operates just like a push-button switch found on other lights. The difference is that you can press it anywhere around the light's diameter without having to hunt for it. Think of a typical remote weapon switch wrapped around the OD of the light (only better).

The specs page says it will accept 1x18650 or 2xCR123. I think it was mentioned in the above video as well.

Don't know about color temp or beam pattern, other than it will probably be similar to the previous version.

What's with the product description on the website ? 15k Lumens ?

Are you referring to this statement? - "With outputs ranging from 350 to a staggering 15000 lumens . . . " - It refers to the entire line of Maelstrom lights, including the big dog, the XM18.

Mr. Nobody

Enlightened
Switch: It operates just like a push-button switch found on other lights. The difference is that you can press it anywhere around the light's diameter without having to hunt for it. Think of a typical remote weapon switch wrapped around the OD of the light (only better).

The specs page says it will accept 1x18650 or 2xCR123. I think it was mentioned in the above video as well.

Don't know about color temp or beam pattern, other than it will probably be similar to the previous version.

Are you referring to this statement? - "With outputs ranging from 350 to a staggering 15000 lumens . . . " - It refers to the entire line of Maelstrom lights, including the big dog, the XM18.

So it touch sensitive than ? That is pretty sweet...

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has a tail switch to turn off and on, but does the tail switch function in another way? The video claimed this light could be programmed to single mode. What configurations are possible specifically? The 360 side switch changes modes, programs?

Last edited:

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
So it touch sensitive than ? That is pretty sweet...

I wouldn't call it touch sensitive, in the sense that a mere touch will cause it to change modes. It's basically like a pushbutton that wraps all the way around the body of the light. Pressing anywhere on the circumference has the same effect, just like pushing the side-mounted button on similar lights.

If you're familiar with weapon light tape switches, it's much the same. The "switch" has a rubber cover that goes all the way around the light and requires a little bit of pressure to make the mode changes.

It has a tail switch to turn off and on, but does the tail switch function in another way? The video claimed this light could be programmed to single mode. What configurations are possible specifically? The 360 side switch changes modes, programs?

The tail switch handles on/off and the 360 degree switch at the head handles mode changes. The programming is (I think) just like the MMR-X where the user can select from one of 5 different mode groups . . .

1. Single Mode: Max
  2. Two Modes: Max-Low (default)
  3. Two Modes: Max-Strobe
  4. Four Modes: Low-High-Max-Strobe
  5. Eight Modes: Moonlight-Low-High-Max-SOS-Strobe-Beacon (high)-Beacon (low)

The one at SHOT was set up in the default mode so I don't know for sure that the other mode groups are the same.