how many have had everleds fail?

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
not counting stupid mistakes like reversed polarity or physical damage of course.
i originaly got 3 whites and now 2 have failed.
the first was replaced by leddynamics and i dont forsee a problem getting this one replaced either.
but a 66% fail rate?
bad batch?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I've only got one, but it's still alive. I've had it in several 4x AA flashlights, and it's been fine in them all.
Currently, it's in a dollar store Turtlelite II knockoff.

gwbaltzell

Enlightened
Only had mine a few weeks but no problem so far. Mine currently lives in a 3D Mag to make it harder to misplace!

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put one on a ladyfriends keyring light shortly after they came out. They original flashlight got broken and replaced - but the EverLed keeps going and going...

Short Circuit

Newly Enlightened
I have one of the very first Everled, and it is used every night without any problems, I have droped the light several times, put in 2,3,4, and 5 cell lights. I am just waiting the the reverse protected units to become available befor I buy more of them.

[ QUOTE ]
snakebite said:
not counting stupid mistakes like reversed polarity or physical damage of course.
i originaly got 3 whites and now 2 have failed.
the first was replaced by leddynamics and i dont forsee a problem getting this one replaced either.
but a 66% fail rate?
bad batch?

[/ QUOTE ]

KEN TYE

Newly Enlightened
i put one in a 3d mag for my sons cell check light at the prison and still going strong after all the beatings /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Short Circuit

Newly Enlightened
I received an email from Everleds about 2 weeks ago, and they should be available any day now.

[ QUOTE ]
BentHeadTX said:
Short,
Any idea when the reverse polarity protected everleds will be available? I have plans for the red version.

[/ QUOTE ]

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if this is the place to post but I had purchased twenty one pcs of the white EverLEDs as a group buy for fellow co-workers. Upon receiving the EverLEDs, ALL units, upon inspection through the clear opening in the package, everyone had noticed that the tip was chipped. After contacting the clowns at LED Dynamics, I was told it was a cosmetic issue and that it wouldn't affect the light output but thats not the point. Fellow co-workers feel they were ripped off by paying extra for second quality EverLeds. I feel responsible and sent sevral e-mails which have gone unanswered. Now I'm stuck with twenty one pcs of the EverLeds as they are not acceptable by myself and co-workers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

ARC mania

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two EverLEDs (white and cyan) and they both work great. They both have been moved around from light to light without a hitch.

gwbaltzell

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
ARC mania said:
... Upon receiving the EverLEDs, ALL units, upon inspection through the clear opening in the package, everyone had noticed that the tip was chipped. ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

ARC mania

[/ QUOTE ]

My first thought was that someone unfamiliar with a SE (side emitter) might think that it was "chipped". But glancing at ARC mania's older posts showed he had seen these before. So I got to looking at my own everLED (off!) and saw something that at first looked like a chip. Closer examination proved it was on the surface and cleaned off easily. May have been solder rosin or potting compound. Could this be what is being seen? Has anyone else seen this?

George

turbodog

Flashaholic
I have 3 of them and 1 failed within 1 week. I turns off and on for no reason after it warms up. This happens before it ever gets anywhere close to the "hot" stage. To his credit brightguy replaced it, and I am happy again.

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
Upon opening one of the boxes, what looked like a chipped head was actually epoxy put into the dish of the SE emitter for reason unknown. I tried using a damp paper towel to wipe if off but it seems permanent stuck in there and it affects the light when put into a reflector. In the past I've had three units fail. Two just died and the third is like a strobe light. Its OK when you first turn it on but after two to three minutes it starts to strobe. Still no response from these clowns........... Maybe I should just build my own multi voltage flange based bulbs............

ARC mania

turbodog

Flashaholic
I don't know about you guys, but the base of mine never looks like those in the photos. They generally look like they were soldered by a blind monkey on acid.