New guy from Canada

Orangie

Newly Enlightened
Greetings all,
Brand new to the forum, which looks very informative and friendly..looking forward.
I am a folding knife nut who is now getting slowly addicted to flashlights, so here we go with my money,lol.
I have a few lights, Olight I 1 EOS and a Fenix PD35 (2014). I am looking at other lights, probably some higher end ones, but am wondering who would be the best dealers here in Canada or Canada friendly dealers in the U.S.?
Anyway, hello to all and looking forward to some good chat.
Cheers

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy Orangie, and welcome to CPF,
I'm a flashlight nut who is slowing growing addicted to folding knives, lol, so obviously you're in the right place. I live in the US, so can't help with good Canadian dealers, but I'm sure some of our northern members will chime in soon with all the info you need.

Have fun, and as you know, hold on to your wallet : )

rpm00

Enlightened
Hey there. Welcome!

The few I like:
MackOutdoors
A few models at MEC
Foursevens.con will ship to Canada
Warriorsandwonders
A few models on Amazon.ca
ZebraLight will ship to Canada for free
Fenixtactical has free shipping
Hidcanada has been ok for me but recently somebody on here had some issues with them

InquisitiveInquirer

Enlightened
Greetings!
I'm also from Canada and like you, i was originally (and still am) a knife guy. I got into lights about 4 years ago and have got a small collection going. I mainly buy from reputable ebay sellers, but most people seem to dislike ebay in general. rpm00 has some good suggestions. Just do some browsing online and you'll be okay.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Crazy, I'm also a Canadian who started as a knifeaholic then became a flashaholic. I like Warriors and Wonders (CAN), MEC (CAN), Illumn (US), Going Gear (US), Fenix-Store (US).

Orangie

Newly Enlightened
Howdy Orangie, and welcome to CPF,
I'm a flashlight nut who is slowing growing addicted to folding knives, lol, so obviously you're in the right place. I live in the US, so can't help with good Canadian dealers, but I'm sure some of our northern members will chime in soon with all the info you need.

Have fun, and as you know, hold on to your wallet : )
Thank you,
Thanks for the good advice, but I know I will spend lot's.lol
Also interested in U.S. suppliers as well.
Cheers

Orangie

Newly Enlightened
Hey there. Welcome!

The few I like:
MackOutdoors
A few models at MEC
Foursevens.con will ship to Canada
Warriorsandwonders
A few models on Amazon.ca
ZebraLight will ship to Canada for free
Fenixtactical has free shipping
Hidcanada has been ok for me but recently somebody on here had some issues with them
Thanks
Have ordered from Warriors many times, good bunch.
Cheers

Orangie

Newly Enlightened
Greetings!
I'm also from Canada and like you, i was originally (and still am) a knife guy. I got into lights about 4 years ago and have got a small collection going. I mainly buy from reputable ebay sellers, but most people seem to dislike ebay in general. rpm00 has some good suggestions. Just do some browsing online and you'll be okay.
Cheers
What is it with lights and knives eh?

Orangie

Newly Enlightened
Crazy, I'm also a Canadian who started as a knifeaholic then became a flashaholic. I like Warriors and Wonders (CAN), MEC (CAN), Illumn (US), Going Gear (US), Fenix-Store (US).
Word on that brother,
Thanks for the info.
Cheers

Orangie

Newly Enlightened
Two thumbs up for Mackoutdoors, the owner Grant is terrific. Given your nick I'm wondering if you're from Orangeville ON
Not too far,
Newmarket. Just got done shoveling the driveway, 20cm.
Will definitely be checking Macoutdoors.
Cheers

jax

Newly Enlightened
I recommend Keenbeam.
its a Canadian Flashlight dealer (authorized Eagletac dealer)
I have had good service from them.
There is also 4sevens.ca. Bushcraft canada. Outdoorpursuits canada
s&r knives also sells flashlights.
all Canadian..

Last edited:

Orangie

Newly Enlightened
I recommend Keenbeam.
its a Canadian Flashlight dealer (authorized Eagletac dealer)
I have had good service from them.
There is also 4sevens.ca. Bushcraft canada. Outdoorpursuits canada
s&r knives also sells flashlights.
all Canadian..
Thanks jax
I will take a look at Keenbeam. I visit S R Nice guys.

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had good luck with Zebralight, 4 Sevens, Shiningbeam (super fast delivery, usually only 3 or 4 days to Nova Scotia), hke.

I've also ordered from Armytek and the delivery was fast but they use DHL so I paid some extra fees, I'd recommend hke if you are looking at that brand.

ryukin2000

Enlightened
as stated previously. MEC carries Four sevens and Fenix lights. although they only carry the QPA models and the mini ml but better to buy from MEC since our dollar is taking a beating its actually cheaper here because of that. i was about to pull the trigger on a Zebralight SC62 but because of the conversion it came close to $100!!

Yamabushi

Enlightened
bestbuy.ca and futureshop.ca (effectively the same these days) carry Fenix. Free shipping on orders over $25 and if you need to return a flashlight (e.g., bad tint) you can return it to a local store.

gunga

Flashaholic
Welcome! You can also try CPF marketplace for gently (or not) used lights. Many will not ship to Canada, but many (like me) are in Canada!

I've done local deals and shipped within the country a lot. You can always do a WTB (Want to buy) and state that you are in Canada.

Orangie

Newly Enlightened
Thanks all for the good advice.
Looking forward to spending too much on my new addiction.
I will say that the costs look a lot better for the lights than the knives. I know some of the custom stuff is high, but consider the mid to high
Spydies or benchmades, vs the mid to high lights. I think there is better value in the light addiction.lol
Cheers