Jetbeam ssa20, nitecore mt2a, eagletac d25a2

IronThunder

Newly Enlightened
Hey all, I was considering these three 2xAA lights for edc and hiking. I also am looking for the ea21 which I'm told should be arriving soon to retailers. So I'm looking for~250 lumens with a fair throw. I'd also like a good runtime. So I've narrowed it down to these and wanted to know what you thought about these. I have a couple questions though.

Is the jetbeam a good company to trust? I have never seen them and the ssa20 claims seem too good to be true. If not though I'll grab it immediately.

Is the eagle tac suited for my needs? The runtime seems low for extended use like hiking. Otherwise it seems great

Thank you for any help you can provide. I'll answer any questions I'm forgetting!

kj2

Flashaholic
Specs can be compared 1-on-1, via the manufacturers website. Jetbeam has a little bit of a history, and not in a good way ;)
Their products are ok. Some really like them, but others...
Check out the 'recommend me a light' sub-forum, for possible more information :)

:welcome:

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
About numbers that are too good to be true - don't forget that most lights today have stepdowns - after a couple of minutes they reduce brightness to prevent overheating (and increase runtime).

Nitecores have the best throw but wait for EA21. MT21A is one of the best (if not the best) 2AA thrower but because o XP-E2 emitter it's not the brightest, plus the UI is not great. EA21 should be brighter, also throwy and their new UI is awesome. Red LED + voltage meter are great features as well.

cpfyyz

Newly Enlightened
I just got my MT2A yesterday.
The quality seems very good and I find that it is a very bright light at 345 lumens.

The XP-G2 LEDs used in the Nitecore I think will have more throw and battery life than the flashlights that use XM-L or XM-L2 LEDs.