Surefire Fire Rescue & Fire Rescue Pro

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody have any experience / input with these lights?

Im curious to know if they also have the dual springs like there brethren G2X / 6PX.

I would imagine so, as its likely the same exact head with exception to the output, lens material and thermal shutoff.

Help a brotha out!

Last edited:

FPSRelic

Enlightened
My fire rescue pro certainly does. Not sure what you mean by minus the output, but the high mode on mine is the same as the G2X\6PX. Low mode is definitely higher.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
I meant "with exception". I could have worded that better.

I thought it had the springs, just wanted confirmation, thanks.

What do you use it for and how do you like it?

kamote-fries

Newly Enlightened
I'm also curious with this one. I couldn't find any reviews or inputs either. I want to get one and use it as a helmet light.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm also curious with this one. I couldn't find any reviews or inputs either. I want to get one and use it as a helmet light.

3 Key features that make it unique: Thermal shutdown - I was told by a Surefire rep they are designed to shutoff when it reaches a dangerous temperature. High temperature lens, and that Blackjack mount looks awesome.

Not much info like you said.....

IS ANYBODY OUT THERE! HELLLOOOOOOO! ( echo )

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Kamote. I last saw one at a mall two years ago, too expensive though.
The idea of a 50 lumen G2 so appealed to me that I modded my G2L tailcap with a resistor, so instead of 120 lumens I get around 50-60 on a pair of CR123 and a bit lower with a 16650 cell, maybe 40 lumens. No high mode though but runtime impressed me, 38 hrs on the 16650 down to 3.4 volts and around 5 lumens.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone read the wiki page on U.S. Military Standards? Not to say it's useless, but it doesn't mean what most people think it means. Heck my desktop's MSI motherboard is touted as being MIL-SPEC.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone read the wiki page on U.S. Military Standards? Not to say it's useless, but it doesn't mean what most people think it means. Heck my desktop's MSI motherboard is touted as being MIL-SPEC.

Fantastic point. I believe the manufacturer picks a specific test(s) according to that standard and if it meets spec they have it certified.

It would be great if they were more specific with how it's tested.....

That said I believe he was reading off the packaging, I can't verify with certainty without contacting SF.

I do know SF runs tests that never make it to the product page specs, and also quietly make incremental improvements as needed.

Last edited:

FPSRelic

Enlightened
I meant "with exception". I could have worded that better.

I thought it had the springs, just wanted confirmation, thanks.

What do you use it for and how do you like it?

Apologies for the late reply.

I bought it originally for a mining job that didn't pan out, so now I just use it as a general purpose light. My personal observations of this light when compared to the G2X Pro are:

• Has the cool Black/Safety Orange color combo. Easy to find if you set it down somewhere or drop it. Personally I prefer the Flouro green color, but that's just personal preference.
  • Has a 50 lumen low mode as opposed to the 15 lumen one on the G2X Pro. This mode is pretty much good for 99% of general purpose tasks, but then I've found the 15 lumen mode on my 6PX Pro to be good for 98% of tasks, and with the added benefit of longer battery life. I can see why a fiery would like the higher low mode however - it lights up rooms no problem at all to a level that allows me to work comfortably and quickly - especially when there is a lot of light pollution around (such as other lights or a fire)
  • It ships with a long orange lanyard as standard, whereas the G2X pro does not. I'm not a lanyard kind of guy, but I guess it's nice to have if I ever get bitten by the bug. If lanyards are your thing, then it's a plus.
  • Is available in a kit that includes the Blackjack helmet mount. I got the kit, and had visions of mounting this to a hard hat. It turns out that's it's only really good for american style firefighter helmets, or brimmed american style construction helmets, so again, an extra feature that's wasted on me.

These are all my personal opinions, and a lot of this will vary depending on who you are an what you do.

As a side note, It turns out that it was pointless for me to buy this light for the original purpose I intended it for, as (putting aside all the OH&S issues of not using a company supplied light) this light light does not appear to have been rated as intrinsically safe. Something I thought all flashlights being used by fiery's would be. At least, there's nothing I can find that says it has - not on the box, in the manual or on Surefire's Website. I'm happy to be proved wrong if it is.

This brings me to that Youtube video. If that guy is working in explosive environments, what he really wants is an intrinsically safe flashlight rated for the class, division, and group of environment that he's working in. For example, if I was working at a coal mine, depending on where I worked in the mine, I would need an intrinsically safe light rated for a class II, Division 1, Group F hazardous location. Not sure what that MIL-STD-810 standard is going to do.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right. This is about the G2X Fire Rescue Pro. Although if we're talking about the intrinsically safe rating, I can't find anything that shows that it's rated as such either.

Gotcha. I've been wanting to pick up one of the orange G2X torches direct from SF (cheaper than Amazon for some reason)

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody know of a mod to turn the Orange G2X FRP into a single mode 50 LM? The light is 325/50 stock.

Kinda like people do with the X series to make them high only, cut the gold ribbon.....