Can a MN03 be used with a Mclux PR head and a E2E

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking of using the PM6 reflector with the MN03. Is it as simple as popping the Mclux PR head on with the MN03 or is there something more? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
you'd need to do some machining on it.

i'm not sure what all would be involved. depending on proper focal positioning it *could* be as easy as drilling a hole in the head i think.

i believe don has done mods with the pr head and a p61, so i know that is at least doable.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roth! What are you doing at this un-earthly hour man? You're s'pose to be sleeping! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

Maybe I should just op for the easier option of a LS with a DB400.

Did I mention I just got my E2E? It's small... really small. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Now I understand why is this many people's fav light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
nerdo...it's only 4:30am. i've still got another 3 hourse before bedtime! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

the e2e's size surprised me when i first got it too. when the package arrived i thought it was empty! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
things ligher than one would think also...

incan or ls depends on what kind of beam you want... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going with the LS SE for their nice spread of spot and flood which is gradual, unlike the HD which has a very well define spot and flood area. I'm definitely not going to use it for long distances. But a regulated incand sounds nice too... nah, filaments break. Got any horror stories to share? (Dang, I'm taking this too far off topic)

How does a 1 watt LS SE in a PM6 reflector look like? Got any beamshots or links? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif