*Nitecore 2015 catalog*: mainly upgrades

ven

Flashaholic
Cant see the tm11 either,also just looks like a u2 swap for a u3 on the tm26..............

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
The EC11 looks awesome. It takes an 18350 and produces 900 lumens and throws 190m (awesome if true). The EA11 also does the same on a 14500.

Mqeq5Y4.png

Last edited:

sob898

Newly Enlightened
The EC11 looks awesome. It takes an 18350 and produces 900 lumens and throws 190m (awesome if true). The EA11 also does the same on a 14500.

Mqeq5Y4.png
Don't forget the "IMR" in your battery description. EC11 takes a 18350 IMR and the EA11 takes a 14500 IMR. I would imagine that the reflector is the same as in the EC21 so the throw should be similar. EC21 is rated at 194m.

I saw the EC11 in the 2014 catalog from June and have been waiting for it. I really liked the compact size. There wasn't any specs in the 2014 catalog about it, but when the EC21 came out recently I decided to get it instead. I figured the EC11 would be the basically same light just using 1 CR123A instead of 2. Boy was that a wrong assumption. I should have waited for the EC11. Oh well, I guess I'll have to have both. :)

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tes, EC21 needs 2x less lumens to achieve the same throw.

kestrel140

Newly Enlightened
Hey,why did Nitecore stop selling the EAX? I have found it on eBay and Amazon, and ordered one. Any advice, the deal was incredible, hope it is not a fake.

Berneck1

Enlightened
Yeah, I bought the EAX for quite a bit more. Just before they discontinued it. I still like it a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I find somewhat surprising is that as of the January 2015 version of the catalog, they still don't have the MT06 or the TM36Lite listed, both of which they are shipping already. I think right hand and left hand have to work to do here.

Toom

Newly Enlightened
Don't forget the "IMR" in your battery description. EC11 takes a 18350 IMR and the EA11 takes a 14500 IMR. I would imagine that the reflector is the same as in the EC21 so the throw should be similar. EC21 is rated at 194m.

I saw the EC11 in the 2014 catalog from June and have been waiting for it. I really liked the compact size. There wasn't any specs in the 2014 catalog about it, but when the EC21 came out recently I decided to get it instead. I figured the EC11 would be the basically same light just using 1 CR123A instead of 2. Boy was that a wrong assumption. I should have waited for the EC11. Oh well, I guess I'll have to have both. :)

How can it be that the EC11 outputs a lot more lumens than EC21, but has a lower peak beam intensity than EC21?

--
Tom

Chaitanya

Banned
Hey,why did Nitecore stop selling the EAX? I have found it on eBay and Amazon, and ordered one. Any advice, the deal was incredible, hope it is not a fake.
EAX was a limited edition torch, and they have stopped production after the set units were manufactured. There is still some stock with dealers, even the dealer in India has few left in stock at insane low price.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
It also was too similar to the EA8, as they were both rated for the same throw distance. So, in effect, what the extra money and the second LED got one was a larger hot spot and more spill at the same distance. Not enough to differentiate the two products.

Nitecore took a calculated risk. The only R&D cost was developing the different head, and they knew that there were probably enough die-hard fans out there to buy up a limited run. They listened to the buzz, and watched the sales, and saw that the majority of the market was seeing that there was not enough difference between the EA8 and the EAX at the price point they had it positioned at.

Last edited:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
that's interesting they ceased the EAX, but I love mine! the nice wide spill is great from the side-by-side XM-L2 LEDs IMO

smooth2o

Newly Enlightened
The MH10 seems to be missing from the catalog. It's a new product on their website too. I think they made a mistake. It's basically an EC20 with recharge capability. In fact the EC20 is missing from the spec sheet at the bottom, as is the MH10. Me thinks there is still work to do...

Capolini

Banned
The EC11 looks like an interesting little torch.

I called Battery Junction and they said they will have it Friday- 2.6.2015. They could NOT answer[did not know] exactly how turbo operates in regards to run time. Is it a burst mode?[deal breaker for me!]

Does it have a 2/ 3 minute step down like the EA4 and other numerous torches? Or is it thermally regulated where you do not notice the drop in output? I hope it is the latter!

I like Zebralights PID technology and Thrunites ITC[Intelligent Temperature control]. If it is like one of those or constant output
[listed as 30 min. run time] for the duration of the battery,,,,,,,,,,,,THEN I AM IN!

Nitecore has some technical errors in regards to specs. One of which they have it listed as 6.93" when it is actually 2.95"! Output is also incorrect. Maybe an older or original draft catalogue??

Some specs from Battery Jct.

Nitecore EC11

Compact, Slim, Powerful!

Go anywhere with this mighty EDC

The ultimate compact light with cutting edge output, the Nitecore EC11 is a solid EDC with all the bells and whistles of a high end tactical flashlight. Featuring a powerful CREE XM-L2 (U2) LED, the EC11 is capable of reaching up to 900 Lumens of light using an IMR 18350 battery. Despite its compact form, this light is capable of throwing a beam an estimated 190 Meters, making it perfect for outdoor use. The light output can be adjusted to lower modes making it more suitable for indoor or up close work if desired. The light functions through the use of the unique dual switch design which gives access to multiple lighting modes including a powerful strobe for self defense.
Multiple Power Options

You choose how to power your light!

One of the unique aspects of the EC11 is that it is mainly powered by an IMR 18350 battery. IMR batteries are well known in vaping and e-cig communities for their superior performance and the safety of their chemistry. An IMR battery does not require the use of a digital protection circuit that standard lithium ion batteries require, making it both safer and more compact for this slim style EDC. The EC11 can also be powered by a standard CR123A battery, and while the performance may not be as high as with the 18350 they are great to keep on hand for emergency situations.
A Durable, Long Lasting Tool

All the features of a full size tactical flashlight

Even small EDCs are going to take a few bumps with every day use, and the EC11 was built with high durability in mind. The body of the light is made from aircraft grade aluminum that has been hard anodized for an additional layer of protection. The unit has been tested and rated for drops of up to 1.5 meters without sustaining serious damage, and has been rated IPX-8 Waterproof for all weather conditions. Additionally the solid state LED lighting technology is incredibly impact resistant and features a long lifespan common to high end LED lights.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Features:

• Dual switch design
  • Secondary red LED
  • Battery voltage indicator
  • High efficiency constant current circuit
  • Direct access turbo mode
  • Direct access ultra-low mode
  • 1.5 Meter impact resistant
  • IPX-8 Waterproof
  • Crafted from hard anodized aluminum
  • Included Accessories:nylon holster, battery magazine, clip, lanyard, and spare O-ring
Specifications:
  • LED: CREE XM-L2 (U2)
  • Peak Beam Intensity: 9000 cd
  • Beam Distance: 190 Meters
  • Output / Runtime (Using IMR 18350):
    • Turbo: 900 Lumens / 30 Minutes
    • High: 300 Lumens / 45 Minutes
    • Medium: 160 Lumens / 1.5 Hours
    • Low: 70 Lumens / 2.5 Hours
    • Lowest: 1 Lumen / 12 Hours
  • Output / Runtime (Using CR123A):
    • Turbo: 430 Lumens / 45 Minutes
    • High: 230 Lumens / 1.5 Hours
    • Medium: 100 Lumens / 3 hours
    • Low: 40 Lumens / 8.5 Hours
    • Lowest: 1 Lumen / 20 Hours
  • Runs on 1 x IMR 18350 or 1 x CR123A
Dimensions:
  • Length: 2.95" (75mm)
  • Bezel Diameter: 1" (25.4mm)
  • Body Diameter: 1" (25.4mm)

Weight: 1.6 oz (45.3g) (excluding batteries)

smooth2o

Newly Enlightened
The EC11 looks like an interesting little torch.

I called Battery Junction and they said they will have it Friday- 2.6.2015. They could NOT answer[did not know] exactly how turbo operates in regards to run time. Is it a burst mode?[deal breaker for me!]

Does it have a 2/ 3 minute step down like the EA4 and other numerous torches? Or is it thermally regulated where you do not notice the drop in output? I hope it is the latter!

I like Zebralights PID technology and Thrunites ITC[Intelligent Temperature control]. If it is like one of those or constant output
[listed as 30 min. run time] for the duration of the battery,,,,,,,,,,,,THEN I AM IN!

Nitecore has some technical errors in regards to specs. One of which they have it listed as 6.93" when it is actually 2.95"! Output is also incorrect. Maybe an older or original draft catalogue??

Some specs from Battery Jct.

Nitecore EC11

Compact, Slim, Powerful!

Go anywhere with this mighty EDC

The ultimate compact light with cutting edge output, the Nitecore EC11 is a solid EDC with all the bells and whistles of a high end tactical flashlight. Featuring a powerful CREE XM-L2 (U2) LED, the EC11 is capable of reaching up to 900 Lumens of light using an IMR 18350 battery. Despite its compact form, this light is capable of throwing a beam an estimated 190 Meters, making it perfect for outdoor use. The light output can be adjusted to lower modes making it more suitable for indoor or up close work if desired. The light functions through the use of the unique dual switch design which gives access to multiple lighting modes including a powerful strobe for self defense.
Multiple Power Options

You choose how to power your light!

One of the unique aspects of the EC11 is that it is mainly powered by an IMR 18350 battery. IMR batteries are well known in vaping and e-cig communities for their superior performance and the safety of their chemistry. An IMR battery does not require the use of a digital protection circuit that standard lithium ion batteries require, making it both safer and more compact for this slim style EDC. The EC11 can also be powered by a standard CR123A battery, and while the performance may not be as high as with the 18350 they are great to keep on hand for emergency situations.
A Durable, Long Lasting Tool

All the features of a full size tactical flashlight

Even small EDCs are going to take a few bumps with every day use, and the EC11 was built with high durability in mind. The body of the light is made from aircraft grade aluminum that has been hard anodized for an additional layer of protection. The unit has been tested and rated for drops of up to 1.5 meters without sustaining serious damage, and has been rated IPX-8 Waterproof for all weather conditions. Additionally the solid state LED lighting technology is incredibly impact resistant and features a long lifespan common to high end LED lights.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Features:

• Dual switch design
  • Secondary red LED
  • Battery voltage indicator
  • High efficiency constant current circuit
  • Direct access turbo mode
  • Direct access ultra-low mode
  • 1.5 Meter impact resistant
  • IPX-8 Waterproof
  • Crafted from hard anodized aluminum
  • Included Accessories:nylon holster, battery magazine, clip, lanyard, and spare O-ring
Specifications:
  • LED: CREE XM-L2 (U2)
  • Peak Beam Intensity: 9000 cd
  • Beam Distance: 190 Meters
  • Output / Runtime (Using IMR 18350):
    • Turbo: 900 Lumens / 30 Minutes
    • High: 300 Lumens / 45 Minutes
    • Medium: 160 Lumens / 1.5 Hours
    • Low: 70 Lumens / 2.5 Hours
    • Lowest: 1 Lumen / 12 Hours
  • Output / Runtime (Using CR123A):
    • Turbo: 430 Lumens / 45 Minutes
    • High: 230 Lumens / 1.5 Hours
    • Medium: 100 Lumens / 3 hours
    • Low: 40 Lumens / 8.5 Hours
    • Lowest: 1 Lumen / 20 Hours
  • Runs on 1 x IMR 18350 or 1 x CR123A
Dimensions:
  • Length: 2.95" (75mm)
  • Bezel Diameter: 1" (25.4mm)
  • Body Diameter: 1" (25.4mm)

Weight: 1.6 oz (45.3g) (excluding batteries)

It's that 1 lumen @ 12 hours that doesn't do it for me. For another 1.25" I get 512 hours. But, boy, that is a short light...