Niwalker MM15 - brand new and water inside - [pictures attached]

plata0190

Enlightened
Hi, bought the Niwalker MM15 from MSITC, and as arrived i tested it in a water basin, noticing some water inside and an excessive condensation into the lense, so i toke a look and realized that the glass-ring is lifted out and it doesn't seal the lens on the flashlight, furthermore antifoggy gas and antiglare coating can be quietly escaped out. I have to send it back to the seller, but he says that he checked all parts; but evidently he didn't tested the IPX-8 ability, i.e. in a water basin ecc. What do you think about? how is possible to happen a similar manufactur problem?

Toolboxkid

Enlightened
This happens often. Not brand specific either. I've had to send my tm26 back for the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

plata0190

Enlightened
Thank you, the fact is that the seller doesn't want to replace the MM15 accusing me I made experiments on, and I obviously haven't had touched/manipulated it. What i have to do these this cases?

Last edited:

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Upon receipt of any new light, the first thing I do is to disassemble the light, inspect the threads, and lubricate the o rings before reassembly.
Even though the light is believed to be ready to go out of the box, I wouldn't have dunked it until I performed the procedure I described above.

That's me and your results will vary.

Toolboxkid

Enlightened
I contacted nitecore directly. They said if I couldn't work it out with seller id have to ship it back to them in china. ($100). They contacted the seller for me and the next time I called the seller, I had no trouble :)
They even upgraded the model from 3500lm to 3800lm model! Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

plata0190

Enlightened
Contacted Niwalker and made a complaint with paypal to be refunded. Now i have to ship it back, and order a new one

Last edited:

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Upon receipt of any new light, the first thing I do is to disassemble the light, inspect the threads, and lubricate the o rings before reassembly.
Even though the light is believed to be ready to go out of the box, I wouldn't have dunked it until I performed the procedure I described above.

That's me and your results will vary.

Agreed.

Before performing a dunk test, make sure to check all the seals and lubricate the o-rings.

plata0190

Enlightened
I don't want to manipulate it. I received a defected product thus have to replace in warranty with the dealer. I think that MSITC have to see the real conditions of the flashlight before he shipped to me. This was his lack, can happen but he have to figure out.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't want to manipulate it. I received a defected product thus have to replace in warranty with the dealer. I think that MSITC have to see the real conditions of the flashlight before he shipped to me. This was his lack, can happen but he have to figure out.

Ship it back and get a different light, check out Fenix.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast

Agreed. Once you dunk-tested it and it failed, the next step is to return it for refund or replacement.

However, why go through all that hassle to try to "teach the seller a lesson". In the future it might be better to simply disassemble the light and check the o-rings. After all, even if the light worked now, the o-rings will still need to be checked and maintained in order to keep waterproofness.

And if there's something obvious, like the bezel not screwed down properly, then you might be able to fix it in 2 seconds. That's a lot less expense and hassle than having to return a damaged light.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have purchased hundreds of lights long before finding CPF and unless I purchased an under water/dive light I have never basin tested any and even the underwater/dive lights were all checked/cleaned and lubed before being submerged. Then again this new standard seems to be taken very seriously? Hope it works out.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thinking: this seems out of place as the post I was responding to has vanished.....................:shrug:

My point was/is even with underwater/dive rated lights I purchase I always open/inspect/lube before dunking them, I even relube throughout the year as it can be needed. To expect any mass produced non dive rated light to absolutely be basin dunk test ready out of the box is being a n00b. :p Regardless of ANSI ratings.

Last edited: