UV Pill for ARC LS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark_Paulus

Enlightened
I have an ARC LS, and I was wondering if it is possible to get just a UV circuit board assembly for this, so I can change out from white to UV when I need it?

Any thoughts/comments?

Thanks.

ufokillerz

Enlightened
there arent any UV luxeons available, there are nichia 2w UV's which arent publicly available yet, and there are the 6W UV's which wont fit into a Arc head easily.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
anything is moddable, but the arc isn't a good platform to have something "change out" like you describe.

currently, the only uv's available are of the 3mm and 5mm nicha type(i think...), and with those you'd need to get rid of the optic also.

i think your best bet would be to look for another host...

TheFire

Enlightened
I have to second the other comments here. I could build you a UV circuit board, but it would be very clumsy to switch out and wouldn't work as well as you'd like. You'd probably be better off with a dedicated UV light. Besides, for most applications, the UV doesn't require the really small form factor of the Arc.

Paul

Maniac87

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
TheFire said:
Besides, for most applications, the UV doesn't require the really small form factor of the Arc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. With all the counterfeit money today, there is a big market for UV counterfeit detection products. Most retailers refuse to accept 50 and 100 dollar bills today. So counterfeiters have started making fake 5, 10, and 20 dollar bills mostly. Because of this, I actually try not to go to corner convenience stores anymore.

Most stores have the box-like contraptions with UV technology. But for consumers, they need something small. Everytime I go to a trade show, there is always a vendor selling pocket-sized UV counterfeit detection devices (i.e. flashlights).

What's the quality of it? It's crap! It's no where near the quality of an Arc-AAA UV.

If it was possible, this would be a great market for Arc Flashlights to investigate, for the Arc-LS.

My ultimate wish would be an Arc-LS with an UV option and an operating runtime equivalent to the Arc-AA or AAA (which ever is longer).

Maniac87

Status
Not open for further replies.