Jetbeam M-PA10: 660 lumens on 14500, Oneloop, AA (?)

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm skeptical about whether it will make 600 lumens on a 14500 (in any case it won't do it for very long) but I can promise it won't put out anywhere near that much light on an Eneloop. Output on alkaline will be comparable to Eneloops although possibly lower if the alkies are struggling to keep up with the current demand.

Jetbeam is a well known brand but I've never personally owned one so I can't comment on quality.

kj2

Flashaholic
If it reaches 660 lumens, it won't run long. Jetbeam in a known brand, but personally don't own one.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I run a couple lights on 1x14500 that will do 700 lms, an IMR is fully capable of that. The links says "up to..." and "compatible with.... " so that's fair enough. I just use max with a momentary from ON switch and use low most of the time so runtimes are not an issue for me.

Last edited:

ghostie2472

Newly Enlightened
Jetbeam's PA10 has only the High mode when using 14500 battery, all modes are functional when using alkaline or AA or Eneloop battery. All other modes are not available. How will this one be different from the old PA10? Will ALL modes work when using 14500? Anyone?

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
I just received this light yesterday, and I'm returning it today. This is noticeably bigger than the 1st Gen PA10 (my dealer thought they were the same size). This one does have all modes available on a 14500 unlike the 1st Gen. But at 25 x 120 mm, it's almost like a small 18650 light instead of a 14500. Plus the pocket clip was a little crooked - as some snap on clips tend to be from JB...

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive got 3 Jetbeams. All are built like tanks. All fall at least 80 lumens short in actual turbo output vs man. specs. So what you are most likely looking at with this particular Jetbeam is a very well made light that does 550 lumens on a 14500.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received this light yesterday, and I'm returning it today. This is noticeably bigger than the 1st Gen PA10 (my dealer thought they were the same size). This one does have all modes available on a 14500 unlike the 1st Gen. But at 25 x 120 mm, it's almost like a small 18650 light instead of a 14500. Plus the pocket clip was a little crooked - as some snap on clips tend to be from JB...
I had the 1st gen of this light. That light was very well regulated and one of the more efficient AA lights that I've tested. I didn't like it for 2 reasons. When in head loosened mode which has memory.............if you went to head tight mode (max output) and used the momentary function of the switch............you were also changing the memory for when you went back to head loosened mode and so you never would know what mode it would be in. The other reason was that it was rather big and I'd rather have a 18650 light if its not going to be much longer. Plus the price on the PA10 is still kind of expensive in my opinion. Every now and then I get tempted to get the M-PA10 when I see a sale though.

marsalla

Newly Enlightened
Anyone familiar with this brand and model? It said 660 lumens on 14500 and 1.2 Sanyo Eneloop 1900. I don't know how much light it will give on standard AA batteries. I am not familiar with Jetbeam brand, How's the quality of these flashlights?

http://www.jetbeamlight.com/ShowProducts.asp?ID=63

I can tell you that the jetbeam does not give 660 lumens on a regular 14500 but still provides a decent ouput. Absolutly no question it cannot deliver anything close to that on eneloops or regular batteries. That being said it is a well made flashlight. I am in the process of experimenting with IMR batteries to see if they provide improved output; i suspect they will. I will keep you updated.