Fenix Outfitters        

Thread: Drop-in for dual level Arc LS

Default Drop-in for dual level Arc LS

Hi folks.

There is a thread in the Homemade and Modified forum that describes how to build a cheap and simple drop-in that gives your LS two light levels. there are three different solutions so far, all based on the same concept. The drop-in works with twisty tailcaps as well as tailswitch packs. I've dubbed it the "moonwafer" because it fools the LS into dropping into moon mode.

The thread is titled "simple high/low drop-in for Arc LS" even though the concept may work with other lights that support a "moon mode".

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubb...o=&fpart=1

Daniel

Default Re: Drop-in for dual level Arc LS

Bump...I've had a few members ask me how the 2 stage kroll is made. These are Gadget_lover's original how-to posts. He is no longer making these, so make your own. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Thanks again to Gadget-lover for sharing this info with everyone. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Can anyone furnish me with a link that works? The above link takes my back to the CPF homepage.
    "I have not yet begun to procrastinate!"

Quote Originally Posted by bluewater
    Can anyone furnish me with a link that works? The above link takes my back to the CPF homepage.
    That would be because the post was made before the CPF forums software "upgrade"...

And I don't think the search function is operating as it should yet or I would try to find it and post the link for you.

JM-99

Hello,

Here is Dan's original thread

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/show...8&page=1&pp=30

This evening I was able to locate everything except the 3/8" x 3/4" x 0.032" compression springs. Checked my local Canadian Tire and Home Depot without any luck, does anyone know of any other widely available suppliers?

This is my first DIY mod, so I'm a little excited finding all the parts needed

Derek

Have you tried mcmaster.com? They seem to have all sorts of parts like that...

JM-99

Hi Jumpmaster,

Yes McMasterCarr Supply was the first online retailer that I checked, where I found some precision springs that were a close match.

The downside was that they are only available in 5 packs @ $5 per and I didn't feel like paying $5-10 shipping when I only need 1 piece.

Thank you again Dan for creating the mod and posting the instructions online, if it weren't for you I wouldn't even know what parts to even look for.

The search continues...

If anyone has a small supply of these springs, I need some too. I bought a hi/lo switch a little awhile ago and the spring was too short for me to do anything with except get lo power. I tried stretching the spring out but it just ripped out all the epoxy and the unit fell apart. I've been periodically looking around for a cheap spring so I can try epoxying this thing back together.

By the way, FYI, regular glue won't hold.