Fenix PD35 and Charger help

todo

Newly Enlightened
I haven't been here in a while (years) and I see Flashlights have improved just a bit. I ordered a Fenix PD35 for my Son for Xmas and when it arrived, I opened it up, went outside and WOW!! I need one of these!!! So I ordered myself one and I wanted rechargable batteries so I ordered the bellow pictured Package. I wish I would have come here to CandelPower first, because I think I would have made a different choice in batteries and charger.

But anyway would like to get opinions on the charger and batteries in the package below?. Like what Brand/Type of charger this is?
I plan on getting 2 3400 Orbtronic Batteries as well and am hoping this charger will do the job....
thanks
fenix%2520light.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
Fenix batteries are on the low side regarding mah,better choice would be 3100 or 3400mah fenix cells for run time. Charger is a nitecore i2 from looks of pic,ok charger!

Too add yes they will do the job:)

kj2

Flashaholic
Good way to start, but it indeed the batteries are on the low side. I prefer 18650 batts from Eagletac. Specially because their length. As charger, the i2 does the job and you could take a look at Xtar-chargers.

todo

Newly Enlightened
So what is the major advantage to 3400 batteries over the 2300's? Is it in lumins or runtime.

Taz80

Enlightened
Its mostly about runtime, but some high output lights won't stay in turbo or won't even get to turbo without high capacity batteries like the 3100 or 3400 mah. The Eagletac's are good batteries and they are on the smaller side so the will fit most lights.