Klarus MiX6 quick fix question

Bill S.

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a Klarus MiX6 that I want to gift. When I opened it to install a battery so I could test it I saw that the soft black disc on the positive contact plate (to prevent rattling) is not actually attached to the plate. There is no adhesive on it and both the disc and the brass are clean. It just sits on the plate.

Since this light is going to a non-flashaholic guy, I can easily see that disc getting lost with a future battery change.

My MiX6 has the disc firmly attached to the plate. Maybe glued.

Should I use glue or thin double-sided tape to attach it? If glue, what kind?

Thanks!

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because the disc is continuously pressed against its seat by the battery I believe that any kind of glue will do. Be careful though not to spread the glue on the central positive contact of the head.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
My MiX6 has the disc firmly attached to the plate. Maybe glued.

Should I use glue or thin double-sided tape to attach it?

i somewhere read on google ;) that <"Normally the foamy pad-ring is sticked to the driver disc (with very fine twin-sided adhesive tape)">. I have MiX6, Thrunite Ti1, and on both lights the foam pad got off after a while, also because the generated heat by the LED weakens the taping. For the MiX6 the writer found an acceptable solution by removing the foam pad and substituting "2 loose rings" (1 o-ring, 1 brass ring) but in the end i don't use either light anymore. The MiX6 is slippery, not very bright (85 ANSI lumen my a**!!!), and difficult to operate one-handed.

i like my new SS keychain light much better.