What would you add?

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a Tigerlight on the way for the truck, L4 EDC, Photon II on the keychain and Twin Task 1L for the house.

What would you add and why?

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
A Surefire A2 for throw & long runtime, this would complement your L4.
A ARC AAA for long runtime & waterproof, this would replace your Photon II. I really like the Photon II & I carried one for 2 years.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
arc aaa for edc. it's so dam small there is no reason not to carry it. it's an amazing backup as it's indestructable and has a good runtime, and it makes a good primary light also.

e2e or m2 type incandescant. both are small enough to be edcable (the e2e is one of my edcs, the m2 is larger, but still can be edced at need). the extra throw over the l4 is nice, and the extra power of the m2 can come in handy. other sf options apply also.
i'd kill for an m3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

1w 3d mag mod.
these aren't too popular anymore, but i still have and love the one i made a year and a half ago as my first mod. the brightness is very nice. the beam pattern is perfect. and it's got an insane runtime! over a month of useable light if i recall. i know i had it on for over 2.5months, though towards the end somewhere the led was barely glowing. i think after a month it was still quite bright.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you really think the throw of the E2e or A2 is enough to justify the addition to my L4?

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Yes, but I think the A2 more than the E2E because of the regulated incandescent & more important the A2 will give you long runtime with the LEDs something other Surefires are short on.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'd add Wayne's new Elektrolumens FT3C.. why? 'cause it gives me good vibes. *lol*
i just ordered one and it should be here on the 8th.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif nice $55 sale price for a 3watt luxeon and all.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd suggest a Princeton-Tec Aurora LED headlamp. Handsfree lighting for numerous situations. Plus, if the power is out, it is a comfortable way to read, even in bed.

Runs for a very long time on 3 AAAs. Three brightness levels, couple of blinking modes. Dunkable.

BC

Geode

Enlightened
I agree with Arc AAA for its' toughness and being waterproof. For the truck, a Streamlight TT3C would be excellent for runtime on LEDs, plus the incandescent mode as a backup to the Tigerlight.

On your person, an A2 for throw and LED runtime.

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would get some long runtime moderately bright LED light in there somewhere. When you say why do add, do u mean EDC, house, truck, or everything in general?

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello tkl,

It looks like you have the basics covered.

Maybe it's time to branch out into spotlights and/or HID.

Tom

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
MTFD17 said:
When you say why do add, do u mean EDC, house, truck, or everything in general?

[/ QUOTE ] Yes, everything.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Everything...
Then I would suggest a headlamp. I'm not totally satisfied with any of them right now, but the Petzl Zipka or Zipka+ are good if you want a compact headlamp(about the size of an egg). I recommend LED headlamps because I use them for hands free task lights.
I recommend ElektroLumens Blaster III or Blaster 1R. These would give you lights with long runtimes. ElektroLumens makes very nice lights. I bought both of these for gifts and it was hard to part with them so I bought myself 2 more. It was very hard to choose between them, but I picked the Blaster III because it is brighter and the size wasn't important for my use(around the house).

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
tkl said:
FT3C?

[/ QUOTE ]
yep.
i've actually got the Blaster 3 and FT3C both coming to me from Elektrolumens. i'll let'cha know how they are and where they fit in after i get them in my hand next week.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
im with the headlamp suggestion.

really comes in "handy"...heh, heh, heh...

the arc aaa is a sweetie.

the blaster or anglelux option is a nice one as well.
just built my own anglelux with fraen optics, and i can see it will be used a lot. i like it so much, aim about to complete another one.
it is highly water resistant, tough, reasonable size, LOOOOONG runtime, bright, and throws quite well due to the fraen. still has a mild sidespill.

um...uh...BUY THEM ALL!!!!!

Bob

rlhess

Enlightened
The PT Aurora is a sweet headlamp, but on low and medium I find the little blink-blink annoying. My two boys and I use Streamlight Septors for reading, but I often take my Aurora on trips...it's really tiny.

In fact, the only lights my two boys brought with them to their uncle's this Christmas were the Septors. I had more as outlined elsewhere, as did my wife--and I didn't bring a headlamp. My KL1 was my reading light when I needed it.

Cheers,

Richard

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
A headlamp is a definite must, even if only for emergency usage. LED headlamp is best for this and many other applications where hands free light is needed.

Alternate: Inova X5T white LEDs, and a Nite Ize head strap (it fits). That would be in keeping with your penchant for CR123A based lights, and give the longest runtime of that type currently available. It's a flood, and bright, and waterproof (at least for non-dive applications).

Of 2 x CR123A lights, I have 3: Legend LX for my incan, Surefire L4 for my 5 watt LED, and the X5T for my long runtime.

Maybe a few of those 4D LED lanterns, and/or Eveready 2 LED Folding Lantern (4AA).