*NEW* FourSevens MMU-X3R 2000 Lumen Rechargeable 26650 Light

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
CSk9m59.png

http://www.foursevens.com/products/MMU-X3R-AF

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like an irresistible upgrade to the MMU X3 that I love so much. Only a teeny bit more length and 25% more lumens. Integral charging and battery included: two things that the MMU X3 does not have. :)

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pity that 4sevens doesn't drive these power lights harder. With 3 XM-L2's, they should be able to drive this thing close to 3000 lumens. Instead, 2000 lumens for just 1 minute, then only 1000 lumens? I get that they want to control thermal issues, but shouldn't a light this big be able to take more than 1000 lumens constant output?

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pity that 4sevens doesn't drive these power lights harder. With 3 XM-L2's, they should be able to drive this thing close to 3000 lumens. Instead, 2000 lumens for just 1 minute, then only 1000 lumens? I get that they want to control thermal issues, but shouldn't a light this big be able to take more than 1000 lumens constant output?

Don't forget FourSevens usually understates its lights.

ninjaboigt

Enlightened

They could but it would defeat the purpose of the Malestrom series. David will probably chime in on this, but the Maelstrom series are suppose to be reliable and rugged, over driving the LEDS and boards probably wont help its reliability. Its not always about being the brightest. what good is a fast car if it wont start when you need it to?

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast

The light really isn't that big. More or less the size of a chubby 6P.

On a side note, this light also adds a Clicky switch.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast

another option is to send one to or buy one from vinh. i had a dedomed one from him and it was doing 3000 lumens an 65kcd and it was pretty dam impressive. i sold it about a year ago and im still regretting it.

skelton660

Newly Enlightened
I was going to buy one, after realizing ^^^^^^, I bought an MMU-X3 instead. More lumens for longer.

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks KJ2. I missed that. 1 minute does seem quite short. The MMU-X3 appears (based on Selfbuilts graph) to go approx 5 minutes before the thermal step down.