Video of guy cooking his iPhone in boiling Coca-Cola

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a not so smart individual boiling his iPhone with Coke.

Original link:
http://abc7chicago.com/technology/video-man-boils-his-iphone-6-in-coca-cola----why/447126/

The video shows the iPhone being cooked in boiling Coke, the smoke appears to be the lithium battery exploding. I wonder though if the syrup tar he had it in prevented it from setting off like fireworks. It just amazes me how so many people are unaware of the dangers of li-on batteries and continue to post these videos. Didn't even wear gloves. I'm all for strange experimentations but what these people do their quality phones is definitely a waste and certainly do not take proper precautions when doing these experiments.

It's kinda like watching 'Is it safe to microwave this?' youtube video series except the person doing it is smart enough to take precautions.

Edit: I realized that this guy has other videos of him destroying more iPhones. Seems this guy has a weird fascination with finding different ways of abusing the iPhone 6.

Last edited:

Dr. Mario

Enlightened
iPhones have had a lot of catastrophic failures, mostly battery-related compared to most Android phones. Not to mention Apple have been WAY behind on hardware technology (high-end Android phones are a lot more powerful than iPhone in term of OpenCL-inplementable hardwares, most importantly, the superscalar clustered GPUs like Adreno 330 in Snapdragon 800).

All in all, iDevices are simply junk if you ask me, it doesn't take much to blow one up literally. Never a fan of Apple iDevices, of course. Even though battery explosion by boiling liquid alone isn't limited to iDevices, even android phones would explode (very hard due to juiced-up batteries over 2 Amps / hour ratings).

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast
iPhones have had a lot of catastrophic failures, mostly battery-related compared to most Android phones. Not to mention Apple have been WAY behind on hardware technology (high-end Android phones are a lot more powerful than iPhone in term of OpenCL-inplementable hardwares, most importantly, the superscalar clustered GPUs like Adreno 330 in Snapdragon 800).

All in all, iDevices are simply junk if you ask me, it doesn't take much to blow one up literally. Never a fan of Apple iDevices, of course. Even though battery explosion by boiling liquid alone isn't limited to iDevices, even android phones would explode (very hard due to juiced-up batteries over 2 Amps / hour ratings).

Apple products in general is way overpriced for what you pay for. I have always stuck with PCs and go with Android phones. Besides i get a lot more bang for my buck getting cheap Android phones and building my own desktop PCs, just use whatever parts work and buy higher end parts you need :). Something you can't get out of Apple.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
FFS folks. This was a comment about the safety of boiling a Li-ion battery and it took 1 post for it to degenerate into an Apple vs Android argument.

Can there ever be a phone shown on a web page without someone screaming about how they bought the wrong one?

Live and let live. Buy whichever product you like and keep your opinions to yourself.

Capolini

Banned
All I can say is what an IDIOT :stupid: that guy is!!!...............well a few more things!

There is a thread somewhere on here where a guys Flashlight exploded. I remember he was using CR2 batteries. It caused him some serious health problems when he inhaled some of the fumes from the batteries.

Here you have an IDIOT doing something that could produce the same results. He did it on purpose! :shakehead

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
FFS folks. This was a comment about the safety of boiling a Li-ion battery and it took 1 post for it to degenerate into an Apple vs Android argument.

Can there ever be a phone shown on a web page without someone screaming about how they bought the wrong one?

Live and let live. Buy whichever product you like and keep your opinions to yourself.

Thanks. I agree completely.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darwin has a way of removing the um less evolved from reproducing, kinda like looking down the gun barrel to see if it's loaded.

The Municipality

Newly Enlightened
People will do anything for a view. But then again - you guys are all watching it and sharing it - so who's more to blame?

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast

I never was really arguing which was better. I just got a used Apple phone, haven't really played around with it but anyway yes it's a bit off topic here.

Anyway this guy in this video should have had some protective gear in a closed environment that can contain a li-ion explosion.

bdogps

Enlightened
I would not be surprised if these phones are lost or stolen, unless they have money to burn or fans that send in the phones that have money to burn.

What about your place smelling like funky smelling chemicals? I am pretty sure they will stick the walls as well.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
that is a nasty stuff that coke turns into, don't really want to touch the coke anymore.

lunas

Enlightened
that is a nasty stuff that coke turns into, don't really want to touch the coke anymore.
you mean a thick syrup of mostly sugar... i think if you boiled out the water of almost any sugary drink it would end up similar to that i find it funny that the iphone would have done the same things in water it just would not have been sticky...