Yipee my Sunwayman D40A has arrived

Albinoni1967

Enlightened
Hello all here and from Australia, well yesterday I tracked my parcel on my mobile phone and my finally I had a parcel at the post office waiting to be collected.

And it was my new Sunwayman D40A torch. This 4AA LED torch is really beautiful, well build and had a nice and clean finish to it, although I am still getting used to the UI to it and working it out, but I suppose that's normal with most new gadgets you get.

The build quality of this torch is very good and what I can say is its a fat little thing, would expect it to be dues to its 4AA batteries, even the battery cage is nicely made.

I am using 4xAA Panasonic Eneloop Pro 2550mAh batteries in it and I purposely bought these batts for this torch. The eneloop pro's are black in colour and have a capa city of 2550 mAh.

This is my second Sunwayman, my other is a C20C Tomahawk.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Enjoy it! I know I enjoy mine!...as well as the rest of the "Stubby" class I have. Selfbuilt tested the D40A out to a real 940 out the front lumens and Im sure youve also discovered the light is VERY bright

Albinoni1967

Enlightened
Enjoy it! I know I enjoy mine!...as well as the rest of the "Stubby" class I have. Selfbuilt tested the D40A out to a real 940 out the front lumens and Im sure youve also discovered the light is VERY bright

Hi Celtic I have played around it with it here and there tested the functions etc and so far very happy with it, I havent actually gone outside in the dark and tested it as yet but will do so later this evening and looking forward to seeing how bright this little monster is.

Would be interesting to see how this will stack up against my Thrunite TN12 which is rated at a bit over 1000 Lumens but lets not forget that it has a slightly smaller front or face where the D40A has a larger face, this is the front part where the beam comes out of.