• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Jax Z1 2x 26650 SST-50 Zoomie!

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

This host came to me in a trade and I thought it was a neat candidate for an upgrade. The finish is mint. The factory pill has been replaced with a copper one. SST-50 de-domed and a 5 amp driver. Its fully focusable and has enough heat sinking to be run for a good amount of time even on high. Driver is 3 mode. L,M,H.

Price is $125 shipped. SOLD

PP is vesture_of_blood(@)hotmail.com

Last edited:

Eyco

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: Jax Z1 2x 26650 SST-50 Zoomie!

Could you please use a language everybody understands along with more specs of your flashlight please? Thank you.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Eyco,

Welcome to CPF :cool:

I do apologize, I suppose I should not just assume the whole world knows what all of the cryptic lettering and numbering given by LED and flashlight manufactures means.

The emitter is a Luminus SST-50 which has the dome removed. The purpose of this is to give a much tighter and more crisp beam hence a much longer throw.

The "Pill" Just means the internal heat sink. Typically these are aluminum or brass, but replacing this with copper means a greater thermal conductivity which means more light. The MCPCB ( The star the emitter sits on) is also copper which is another upgrade vs factory.

The driver board has 3 light levels. Low, medium and high. On the high out put the emitter gets 5000ma of current.

This host is whats know as a "zoomie" This just means by twisting the head you can change the focus of the light from a large very wide circle to a projector like beam that makes a laser like image of the LED die.

If you have other questions feel free to ask :D

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is a wonderful member to buy from and excellent modder as well....Merry Christmas to all

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

Back on track guys, this is a sales thread. :)

Bill

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi edeekeos,

The body has an extension that can be removed, but the driver board in this light engine needs at least 5.5V to work. Additional light engines could of course be made :)

edeekeos

Enlightened

Thanks for the info!

I'll hold off, and see if anyone else is interested in it, in it's current configuration.

inrealtime

Newly Enlightened

I will take it with extra light engine MTG2. Paypal sent