Eagletac d25 l2 U2 preflash??

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all,
i ordered this light the other day and have been excited about receiving it. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CTSYMZK/?tag=cpf0b6-20
Today I came across a few conversations about preflash in certain Eagletac models. I wanted to see if anyone owns this light and can confirm or deny that it exhibits this preflash when turning on in moon mode. I basically bought the light for the moon mode and a preflash of high would basically ruin the feature for me. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a D25C Ti. clicky and I don't know what you're talking about, mine doesn't do it and I see no conversations in your link.

Chris

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Chris. That was extremely helpful. The link was to show which model light I bought. Being that you have a different model light I wouldn't expect you to know what I'm talking about.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Jonny! I guess I will have to wait and see. Praying it doesn't because it seems like an awesome light.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a '14 N219 which does not preflash, but had couple '12 XMLs and I know at least one of them did preflash. It was minuscule though - maybe a lumen or two for a millisecond. Didn't bother me at all. The D25As don't have great voltage regulation on moonlight though... and as a big moonlight enthusiast, that does bother me.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks reppans. Any way I can tell if the version I have coming from Amazon is the 2014 version?? I'm also going to order an L3 L10c 4 mode and give that a run. Has firefly mode also ��.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
IIRC, the '13 and '14 have the upgraded driver and both have male heads/female bodies - the '12s are opposite. Also the XML2s use a silver LED die, while the XML1s used a green die. The L10s sub-lumen mode is too dim for me (mine meters ~0.02 lms), I like the "brighter" moonlight modes in the 0.3-0.4 lumen range, but most manufacturer specs are off by multiples at this level.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! So it's another wait and see. Well I'm hoping to report back with a favorable review of the light once I get it.

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened
I love mine and it's my main EDC these days. Hope it works out to your liking!

The L10 is also a great light, the moonlight is perfect with 14500 (IMO) and too dim on a regular cell as mentioned.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my d25a today and so far I'm really liking it. Way smaller than I expected, moon mode is awesome and I like the reverse clicky (never had one before). Another big bonus from what I can see zero pre flash. This thing may be killing off two of my current lights, the e01 and the ld12 g2. The size isn't all that far off from the e01 and all the modes make it way more useful. Plus I'm digging the flood as opposed to the tight hot spot on my ld12. Ah and tailstanding is a big bonus in my book. Thanks to everyone who commented!

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened
Try adjusting the L-M-H modes to your liking if you haven't done that yet. Carry that D25A and the E01 for backup and you are dialed. E01 is still an awesome light right here into 2015. :party:

UnderPar

Enlightened
Also like the D25A. In fact its alsays in my laptop bag which I bring everyday. Twas my first ET light and definitely not the last. The moonlight mode is awesome. Though I only get to use it when I travel and this light is always on my hotel bed side table. Preflash? Haven't experienced it.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light is great but its going back to Amazon. When I opened it I was a little suspicious about how it was packaged. Looked like things had been stuffed back in the packaging like it had been used. Started using it and was a little conceded with how gritty the threads felt, but figured I needed to clean them and they would smooth out. No such luck. At the point now where the head will barely turn. On a light with a partial twisty interface that's not gonna work. So it's going back but I definitely will replace it with a new one because i love the beam, interface, and moon mode.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got the new one. Worlds better. Love it. Thanks for the comments and folks who steered me in this direction. Mooooooon Mooooooode!!!

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
This has become very true for me. :) Go Warriors
Try adjusting the L-M-H modes to your liking if you haven't done that yet. Carry that D25A and the E01 for backup and you are dialed. E01 is still an awesome light right here into 2015. :party:

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened
This has become very true for me. :) Go Warriors

Cool man, glad that's working for you. Considering the D25a's compatibility with a broad range of chemistries, and the E01's stupid durability, long runtime and vampire capabilities, it makes for an awesome combo. And go warriors, I have never been an NBA fan but I may have to jump on the bandwagon with this team. :eek:

Last edited:

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
HA. Yea I grew up in the Bay Area during the Hardaway, Chris Mullin, Sprewell days and always loved em'. Good to see them doing well for once! D25a has all the features I wish Fenix would implement to make my ideal light. Moon mode being one and the long press to go back to low being the other.
Cool man, glad that's working for you. Considering the D25a's compatibility with a broad range of chemistries, and the E01's stupid durability, long runtime and vampire capabilities, it makes for an awesome combo. And go warriors, I have never been an NBA fan but I may have to jump on the bandwagon with this team. :eek:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 2014 D25A XM-L2 T6 NW and a D25C Nichia 219 and neither of the has any preflight on any mode. I think you are thinking about 47's. They are the one with the preflash problem.

You will love the light. I love both of mine and they are my main EDC picks.

Last edited: