• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Deft-X (Price Reduced)

onthelake

Newly Enlightened
Sold: Deft-X

For sale is a mint condition Deft-X. It has only been taken out of it's case twice. The card from Michael states that this is rated at 895KCD. This light will throw visible light over a mile away!! The light output is very neutral. This Deft-X will come with the original hard case, strap and belt holster. CONUS only please. I don't want to sell this, but some things have come up that I could use the funds.

The Difference between 895kcd and 1,020kcd can be seen below:

• 895,000 candela at 1.237 miles distance (6535 feet) puts 0.2255 lux (amount of light received)
  • 992,000 candela at same distance puts 0.2500 lux.
  • 1,020,000 candela at same distance puts 0.2570 lux.
To break this down, no human eye could even discern this difference.

Price: $950
$875 USD, Shipped CONUS and Insured
SOLD: $800 to Stingray3

Last edited:

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: 992KCD Deft-X

I'll take this bad *** per our pm.

Just need your pp info.
Thank you sir. :thumbsup:

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Sold: 992KCD Deft-X

[/QUOTE]
if this picture didn't sell it, i don't know what would have

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast

Light was received in fine condition but there is an issue. Pm inbound.

onthelake

Newly Enlightened

The candela is actually 895,000 while I had it in my head that it was 992kcd. This means that it will only throw .25 lux at 1.175 miles and not 1.237 miles. I have let Ron know that he can return it for a full refund and I will pay for the shipping. I am just awaiting his reply.

caddylover

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can't tell the difference between my 917kcd and my 1,010kcd light. But, it's not my money :) still going to be a collectible piece. I can't seem to part with any of my Deft-X's whenever I think about it. A re-sale will not be a problem if it goes that route.

onthelake

Newly Enlightened

Hron has decided to return the light because of this difference. He really wanted one close to or over 1,000kcd. He was been wonderful to work with and a true asset to our community. I will update this thread to "for sale" once the Deft-X comes back.

caddylover

Flashlight Enthusiast

wow, giving up a true collectors piece! If I didn't have 3 myself I would just have him send it to me. Oh well, you will have it sold in a day when you get it back, I get offers for one of mine all the time.

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast

I do want to say onthelake (owen) has been great to deal with here as well and totally understanding throughout this.
The light is wonderful and have no complaints with it other than my wanting a higher number example.
My wife let me raid the savings account after many tries, lol and the deft x is not cheap and it would be my last big light purchase,
thats why a high number version was required. Blame it on my flashaholic mind. lol. Thanks all.

caddylover

Flashlight Enthusiast

okay, that's a reasonable explanation. I suppose I would keep my 1,010kcd version as well and sell the others. Good luck in your search!

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi owen,
The light is on its way back home and pm sent with the tracking number. :wave:

onthelake

Newly Enlightened

This light is back on the market with the priced reduced.

Busa Dave

Newly Enlightened
I have one of these and there is nothing like it out there right now. It has to be seen to be believed.... Wish I could think of a reason I need 2 of them lol...