I want a tiny terror which one should I get?

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
So the TM11 is the original $200, the TM15 throws farther $220, the TM26 is a beast and has a bad *** 3lm low and the TM06 is tiny but still fat with 4x18650 operation.... I wish they had a 3x18650 one but they dont really.

Do they really do the stated output of 2500, 2650 and 3800lm?

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking at your roster, how bout Olight Mini intimidator?

Not sure on the claimed lumens but Im sure the Nitecore fans will jump in shortly to verify.

Bob Damon

Enlightened
Those are ANSI ratings, but I would check the Selfbuilt reviews to see how long they can keep that output, and how well they are regulated.

Big Al W

Newly Enlightened
I have the TM06 and can vouch for its terror-ness. Took it for a dog walk with a mate tonight and he couldn't believe the power of it on the local toe path... "It's like daylight" was the verdict

I also use it on my night stand, has a nice usefulness low setting aswell as a tasty "blast" option, which I intend to blind any unwelcome intruders with...

TM06, TM36, P25 (Black), EA1, E99TI (Ltd Edition)

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also use it on my night stand, has a nice usefulness low setting aswell as a tasty "blast" option, which I intend to blind any unwelcome intruders with...

It's too bad that you're in the UK, as some of us colonialists have other items we use for "blasting" options.

The TM06 with almost instant access to strobe will disorient just about anyone in a dark room. Then you find out that the intruder is very clumsy and ran into the door frame numerous times before the police are called. :)

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Moddoolar TorchLab Wasp F3 Pocket Triple with the ZRS option. Just 4" long with 30mm head, with over 2200 lumens out of 3 XPL emitters driven hard enough to require IMR batteries.
Now THAT'S a tiny terror!

If you want tinier than that, how about an MBI HF-R, which is 2.25" long and about 14mm diameter, takes an IMR 10250 battery, and puts out 600 lumens on high!?

Last edited:

Big Al W

Newly Enlightened
It's too bad that you're in the UK, as some of us colonialists have other items we use for "blasting" options.

The TM06 with almost instant access to strobe will disorient just about anyone in a dark room. Then you find out that the intruder is very clumsy and ran into the door frame numerous times before the police are called. :)

Right you are about home protection here in the UK, although by my bedside is my trusty wooden rounders bat that I've had since..., well, since I played rounders... Good for confined space combat, and non lethal enough to be known by all seeing it that it will be used.

And if that fails I have a browning tomahawk hahaha

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Nitecore lights mentioned in the original post don't seem very tiny.

The Moddolar Pocket triple twl mentioned really will fit into a front jeans pocket. Moddoolar offers a variety of body and tailcap options.

LEDburn

Enlightened
Moddoolar TorchLab Wasp F3 Pocket Triple with the ZRS option. Just 4" long with 30mm head, with over 2200 lumens out of 3 XPL emitters driven hard enough to require IMR batteries.
Now THAT'S a tiny terror!

If you want tinier than that, how about an MBI HF-R, which is 2.25" long and about 14mm diameter, takes an IMR 10250 battery, and puts out 600 lumens on high!?

While those are certainly awesome lights, the high output is merely a novelty if you have any intention or need for prolonged usage.
If you're into tiny lights that are brighter than anything else that size, they may appeal to you, however for the OP, I believe something running 18650's will be more practical.

As suggested, suss out the Olight SR Mini. The side by side, 3 x 18650 format really is as big as you want to hold for any extended period of time.

I can't speak for the stock SR Mini as I got one modded straight from Vinh but can't imagine you would be losing much output - the only reason I got a modded one was due to it not being available in 5000K XM-L2 from the factory.
At night, the low (600ish lumens) is HEAPS more light than actually needed 99% of the time and runs for over 10 hours apparently. The UI is also one of my favourites; hold down the button at any time for instant turbo; release and it turns off or returns to the mode you were using if it was already on.

The beam is basically a stupidly large wall of light with a massive but still noticeable hotspot. I know there are ~10 000 lumen lights out there but these ~3000 lumens still look like someone turned on the sun for about 50m in front of you with light extending well and truly beyond that. To give you an idea of throw, I cannot see anything with my Armytek Predator that I cannot see equally as well as with the SR Mini. That is obviously down to the fact there is like 5 times the light output, but still..just saying..

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't see a run time requirement listed in the original post, just brightness and small size.

I'd say it's up to the fatkid to decide among the different options presented.

C.M.S

Newly Enlightened
That Olight SR Mini looks mighty impressive for the retail $$ .
looks like batteryjunction has em on sale for 149.95 .

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't see a run time requirement listed in the original post, just brightness and small size.

I'd say it's up to the fatkid to decide among the different options presented.
I also would add that runtime can be increased by carrying spare batteries if needed. Having a large battery compartment increases the size of the light. Lights that have 3 or 4 18650 batteries become large/thick enough to be oversize for pocket carry. I can easily put a couple spare batteries in my other pocket, and it keeps the small light size. This is important to me, because I tend to leave any "unpocketable" lights at home, or in the car. As such, i have found that it's not necessary for me to carry all my potential runtime(battery capacity) inside the light. I can carry a couple of batteries in my other pocket very easily and discreetly, without any trouble at all, if I think I'll need them.

Most of my usage is on low or medium mode. I only need short times on high. The standard capacities of my little lights are more than I need on a daily basis, and the lights are very small, and can go very bright when I need it. It works for me.

Last edited:

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Why are quotes not working?

Anyway, the reasons I don't like the SR mini is 1 it doesn't really have a reflector it only does 12,000cd, that barely more than my Quark Tactical, and the 200lm low mode, I would like lower.

The TM11 also has a 200ishlm low but a lot more throw, the TM26 has a 150lm mode and a 3lm which I really like, however its the biggest light in the running.

I think I'm going to go TM06, for those of you that own one, are they to fat to hold? I get the 3lm low and the 160lm low, 1000lm more than the SR mini plus 2800cd, way way more than the SR mini.

The SR mini is actually only $110 on B&H, tempting to get the TM26 and the SR mini.

ven

Flashaholic
The srminVN and tm06vn(both mine are modded by vinh) are a similar size,for me fit perfect in hand. Would say my hands are an average size............

mini and tm06

The mini is more a flood type light but with respectable throw,the tm06vn has had a boost and led swap to xml2 u3
Spec
Estimate Factory 3200 LED Lumen at 2.2A per LED
TM06vn with XML2 U3 Dome on ~ 4850 LED Lumen at 2.8A per LED
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?394462-TM06vn-True-Tiny-Monster-MUST-HAVE!

I dont own the tm26 but it is a beast of a light
I have a tm15,this is next to the tm06vn for a size comp

In perspective next to the tk75vn

All i can add is the lowest srmini mode is around 400lm and not 200lm from selfbuilts tests,the tm06 has a proper low mode.

Its a little gripe of mine on the mini not having a lower mode,maybe 10lm or so for reading close up stuff. But the more i think it is a search/rescue light(still think a low would be useful) But when using it outside on low,it does flood the way ahead nicely without being too bright,but allows good vision around.

So the mini and tm06 has a similar in hand feel regarding girth :)

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dam ven , I think you have the same number of lights as your post count ! What was done to the srmini vn
?

ven

Flashaholic
Dam ven , I think you have the same number of lights as your post count ! What was done to the srmini vn
?

:laughing: like it!! well 4470 less..........ish anyway :laughing:

Current bump,around 3500lm
Spec
Current bump from 2.8A per LED to 3.6A per LED on Turbo
Estimated Stock 3000 LED Lumen bump to 3450 LED Lumen
Excellent floody beam ideal for general illumination
Excellent price
Easy user interface
Very easy to pocket VS MM15vn
Safe hold down for turbo operation

Here

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?385627-WTS-MiniVN

I would guess at 4-600lm on low and tbh its enough for general use,then hit the power and hold for an instant blast. Really is one of my fav go to lights along with the sr52vn

Few(not all) vinh lights

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suppose the "tiny" part doesn't count with these lights being discussed, because they are all VERY BIG.
I have lights half the size of these, or smaller, and I think they are too big to carry, much less the size of the things being pictured here.
But I think the "monster" part is accurate!

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
The x3 is a little power house of a light,runs on a 26650 IMR cell

Far left x3vn

Business end