**CLOSED** Slightly damaged Zebralight SC62d giveaway

Swede74

Enlightened
**The giveaway is now closed**

The winner is post #11 - Crazyeddiethefirst. PM sent.

Leaving well enough alone has never been one of my strong suits. Neither has learning from my mistakes, so when I felt I absolutely had to do something about the annoying fog / condensation / film I had discovered on the inside of the lens, I ended up with a damaged switch cover, which indeed is a bigger problem than the minor nuisance that compelled me to try to break into a light that is not meant to be opened. I was trying to follow the instructions in this thread -

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?386203-Disassembling-Zebralight-w-o-damage

- well aware that the outcome in my case might be very different. The switch cover was a little thinner and more fragile than I had expected, and the tweezers I was using were probably not the best tool for the job. I knew this might happen so I take it in stride, plus my SC62d has not seen much use since I got the H32w. Had I considered it my primary EDC I probably would not have taken the tweezers to it.

IMG_20141228_210406.jpg

The light is still fully functional (but obviously not waterproof) and rather than have it relegated to the dusty darkness of a drawer, I would like to give it to someone who might be able to repair it or use it for parts. I decided to stop before I did any more damage, so no attempt has been made to remove any parts or delve deeper into the light.

If anyone is interested, reply to this thread and I will pick a winner on Tuesday December 30, 2014 at lunchtime (GMT+1) using random.org and the number of your first post.

I will pay for unregistered mail and send the light (without the cardboard box if I can save on postage that way) to the winner as soon as I get a chance, hopefully on Dec 30 or Friday January 2.

I should mention that in no way did I take Durallymax's success in disassembling his H600w, described in the thread linked to above, as encouragement to attempt something above my skill level, or as a guarantee that I too would be successful.

Last edited:

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Slightly damaged Zebralight SC62d giveaway

Sir,

I am interested. I'm in. You have provided good ZL info in the past.

If you have a PayPal account, it seems the winner might be inclined to send you $ to cover shipping. And hopefully the winner will report on this thread what she/he did with the light.

CandlePowerForums App

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast

Please consider me for the drawing. If you want a random-number-generating site, try this one: Random Number Picker is pretty straightforward.

(If you're curious, it would be my Work EDC. We don't have much water there, so it would be safe and well-used).

timbo114

Enlightened

I'd like to be considered for a chance to rehab and give this tool some TLC.
I'll not take it swimming ..

Ratton

Newly Enlightened

Hi There,

I see the Christmas spirit is still around. Thanks for the chance!!! I'm in. :):)

kst

Newly Enlightened

Count me in please, will try rehab:thinking:.

justanotherguy

Enlightened

I am in also, as I have wavered several times in purchasing one of these!!!

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast

I will throw my hat in!! :)

holygeez03

Enlightened

In... I have an idea for a fix. Then I will probably gift it to pass on the goodwill.