Going Gear SUNWAYMAN V11R flame edition

Mr. Nobody

Enlightened
Anyone purchased this light ? It is only $52.00 shipped. I can make the purchase right now. I noticed there is one reviewer on the website and they rated it 2 stars either because there a n00b or the light really is a pos.

af112566

Newly Enlightened
I have one and its great.very bright and the ring moves very smoothly.maybe he got a defective one?

ven

Flashaholic
For $52 i would go for it!:) and worse case there is an issue,GG will sort out :thumbsup:

Orangie

Newly Enlightened
I am a noob, but ended up with two. I actually find the beams different on them. One seems a little warmer than the other. both seem solid, and the control rings are much more resistant than my SRT3. Have already swapped out one of the rubber switches to the ss one (provided) But as stated, I am new, and have never seen the original. I am also looking into the photography side so I can take beam shots.
Had a great experience with GG in my first U.S. purchase,
Cheers

Bruno28

Enlightened
Anyone purchased this light ? It is only $52.00 shipped. I can make the purchase right now. I noticed there is one reviewer on the website and they rated it 2 stars either because there a n00b or the light really is a pos.
Where can you get it for that price?

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have three V11r's, stock, Going Gear Flame Edition and my Mirage. The Flame edition is a stock V11r with a tiny flame emblem(Going Gear symbol). They are all 5/5 in my opinion. It is nice to always have one with a AA battery setup and the other with a 16340 battery. Going Gear has always provided me with outstanding service and is very responsive-at $52 you can't go wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Bruno28

Enlightened
The flame edition is a xpl version. And does it come with the metal tail cap button like the regular version?

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Going Gear

Where can you get it for that price?

For the OP, I have one that was modified by Vinh and it's an awesome little pocket rocket. It has my favorite user interface which is a ring that allows you to choose your output before you turn the light on and then a forward clicky to actually activate the light. I carried the light in my pocket every day for almost a year before I got my SC62w and it works just as well as the day I received it. From time to time a titanium version of the light is offered but I see more drawbacks that benefits to the light in Ti... heavier, poorer thermal performance, etc. It's nice looking but other than that I think aluminum is about the best metal for a flashlight that's going to be on your person every hour of the day.

The particular version you're looking at has the XP-L which might throw just a bit better than the XM-L version and that would be about my only complaint about my light... it was not a thrower. I wasn't willing to give up the lumens for an XP-G though so maybe the XP-L is the perfect middle ground. Also, it's got the Going Gear logo on it and while that probably doesn't inherently increase the value, GG is a reputable vendor that has done a lot to put nice lights in the hands of a lot of folks and I would never hesitate to support them.

Finally, the price is tough to beat. You're not going to find many lights that deliver the features of the V11r in such a compact size and for that price, you're down in the territory of far lesser lights.

In short... go for it!

Cheers!

-G

skelton660

Newly Enlightened
From their description:

"The V11R comes with two switches assemblies, one of which is the Ti switch, the whole tail cap push button is particularly made of metal, clear labeling, beautiful, practical and durable, which highlights the outstanding texture and the design aesthetics; the other is the traditional rubber switch, which is soft and easy to use. Users can always choose the one you are comfortable with and have the other one as backup."

Bruno28

Enlightened
I wanted one now that I saw it for that price. But i live so far that shipping makes it not worth it

Mr. Nobody

Enlightened
Good to know everyone! Well I like the flame symbol and I like GGs YouTube videos I'm always disappointed when I can't find a light review done by Going Gear. I will be making my purchase soon from GG. Again thanks everyone! The only benefit from.purchasing else where for more $$$ is the XP-L2 being offered in the v11r. But with the element its over $70.00 USD. So all in all GG is the wtg just needed assurance I wasn't wasting my money

recDNA

Flashaholic
I have 2 v11r. One is modded the other waiting for somebody to jam a triple nichia in one. I love them. I do not have the flame edition. I'll have to check if they have an xpl 4000k-4500K. That would tempt me. The neutral xml2 has higher CRI but Illumn is all out of them.