What Head Upgrades Are Available For The Surefire M600A Scout Lights?

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait for the E2 to come back in stock. I have one and it is the heat. You get almost as much throw as the KX2C, but much better spill.

I would only have a Surefire KX2C or a Malkoff E2 on any gun that was more than just a range toy. Don't get sucked into buying some Chinese-made E series head.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire has released the KE2-A head, which is a direct upgrade for M600. It has the same 500 lumen output and light pattern, with more spill than the KX2C, as the E2D LED Ultra.

I ran a Malkoff E2/Scout head on my Viking Tactics L4 body while waiting for the KE2-A prices to come down. It is basically an M61 in a smaller package. It has considerably more spill and a larger, less intense hotspot than the KE2-A. IMHO, the E2/Scout works best indoors, while the KE2-A's increased lux makes it a better option for outdoor usage.

Last edited:

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire has released the KE2-A head, which is a direct upgrade for M600. It has the same 500 lumen output and light pattern, with more spill than the KX2C, as the E2D LED Ultra.

I ran a Malkoff E2/Scout head on my Viking Tactics L2 body while waiting for the KE2-A prices to come down. It is basically an M61 in a smaller package. It has considerably more spill and a larger, less intense hotspot than the KE2-A. IMHO, the E2/Scout works best indoors, while the KE2-A's increased lux makes it a better option for outdoor usage.

How much did you pay for your KE2-A? I'm interested but figured I was looking at $250+ for one.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My inventory spreadsheet says I paid $200 for it.

It must have been on sale, cause they appear to be $260 now.

I just found that Amazon has the black version for $218.

Last edited:

bklyn_irish

Newly Enlightened
Wait for the E2 to come back in stock. I have one and it is the heat. You get almost as much throw as the KX2C, but much better spill.

I would only have a Surefire KX2C or a Malkoff E2 on any gun that was more than just a range toy. Don't get sucked into buying some Chinese-made E series head.

That's probably what I'll do. The price for the new Surefire head is a bit much.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
As long as you don't try to use it at 100 yards, you should be very happy with it. I'm sure not gonna sell mine. :)