ThruNite TN 30 Mini now is reality

ven

Flashaholic
With kj2 and prefer the tn36 out of them both,however that is one very good price!!! For a mini power house it makes a great alternative to other options and imo a bargain in comparison to competitors .

Its that well priced its hard to resist!!! needed or not!!! guess a back up for the back up for the.............. :laughing:

:whistle:

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like it because it finally puts a 3k plus lumen light of good quality within my price range. Most of others are too much by the time the price of a good charger and batteries is figured in.

ChibiM

Enlightened
Yet another 3XML light.
I like the UI.. although I prefer not to Press and Hold a switch to change modes.. unfortunately its becoming more and more a standard. I want a CLICK.
anyway.. I like the long press from OFF to get to Moonmode. And I also like the Double click to enter Turbo.
The interesting thing is that it looks like you Have to go through Turbo to enter Strobe.
so you have less chance to accidentally enter Strobe.

Ernst from Germany

Newly Enlightened
The Price of the TN 30 Mini is very friendly for the Users.Are There already some Beamshots made with the TN 30 Mini. or a little Review!
Best Greets , Ernst

Ernst from Germany

Newly Enlightened
The ThruNite TN 30 Mini will be in stock next Thursday, is here somebody who will buy the lamp? The competition between the TN30 Mini , Lumintop PS03 and the Olight Mini concerning the Beam will be the main motive to buy the ThruNite TN 30 Mini or not.An Overlapping (Donkey Ears) from the ermitters as the TN 30 shows in its Beam will be not so good. I hope it will be a very clean Beam.
Ernst

Ernst from Germany

Newly Enlightened
Very reduced enthusiasm for the new ThruNite TN 30 Mini up to now I must notice. In Germany also! But why? To unattractiv?
Ernst

Travelmate

Newly Enlightened
Hi

I'm contemplating between the mini TN30 and the TN36. According to the mini TN30 spec it says it's able to give sustainable output in TURBO mode for about 2hrs at 3200 lumens. Is this true? If yes, then this light is definitely better (IMO) than the TN36. Although the TN 36 can give momentary blinding light for about 7 mins but its lumen output in HIGH mode is less than that of the mini TN30 in TURBO mode for about the same period of time.

Anyone knows whether the mini TN30 can achieve sustainable output of 3200 lumens in TURBO mode? Thanks

kj2

Flashaholic
Hi

I'm contemplating between the mini TN30 and the TN36. According to the mini TN30 spec it says it's able to give sustainable output in TURBO mode for about 2hrs at 3200 lumens. Is this true? If yes, then this light is definitely better (IMO) than the TN36. Although the TN 36 can give momentary blinding light for about 7 mins but its lumen output in HIGH mode is less than that of the mini TN30 in TURBO mode for about the same period of time.

Anyone knows whether the mini TN30 can achieve sustainable output of 3200 lumens in TURBO mode? Thanks
I highly doubt that. Lights with this much power get hot after a few minutes of use. Even with enough heatsink, the light will get hot/warm.
Since the TN30 is a small light, some may say even a really small light, there isn't enough metal to function as heatsink. One of the lights I know which can run on the highest mode for a longer time period is the Fenix TK70.
But that thing is massive!
And 3200 lumens for 2 hours.. How much power will be needed to drive all this?