TK11 stopped working. Any suggestions?

Sabre

Newly Enlightened
Hello all!

I've had a Fenix TK11 for about six years. Other then a couple switch issues which were easily solved with a switch replacement, the light has taking a beating doing police work and has kept going strong. Until recently, that is.

Not realizing the light might not be able to handle the higher voltage, I dropped in two AW 3.7v RCR123 batteries. I did this because the brightness with the Redilast 18650 didn't seem to be what it used to be. I confirmed this with primary 123 batteries, gaining a big jump in output, which was more to what I remembered the light having. I thought the higher voltage may make a difference, so out came the RCR 123 batteries.

They worked perfectly. However, the light quickly began to dim. I thought I had drained the batteries, so I reinstalled the 18650. The light would only make one quick flash, like a camera flash, before going dark. Same performance now with the primary 123 batteries. Performance with the RCR 123's results in a very dim glow.

I emailed customer service, who said I should ship the light back to China to be repaired. I imagine shipping both ways, plus the cost of repair, is probably comparable to the cost of a brand-new TK 09.

i'm not incredibly electronics savvy, so I was hoping somebody here may have some idea what may have happened to the TK 11, and whether or not there is an easy fix I can do myself.

thank you in advance for any replies.

kj2

Flashaholic
Possibly fried the electronics. No light from Fenix support two RCR123s. The TK09, although it has a lower number, is a nice upgrade.

Sabre

Newly Enlightened
Well I ordered a TK09. Should be here today.

Excellent news from Fenix, though! If I ship my TK11 to China (about $10-15, USPS.com estimates), Fenix will repair it for free, then ship it back at their cost. Awesome way to stand behind your product!

kj2

Flashaholic
Well I ordered a TK09. Should be here today.

Excellent news from Fenix, though! If I ship my TK11 to China (about $10-15, USPS.com estimates), Fenix will repair it for free, then ship it back at their cost. Awesome way to stand behind your product!

Would do that right away :)