Your favourite and worse LED torches

Albinoni1967

Enlightened
Out of all the torchlights what's your favorite and worse led flashlights you have owned or had. What are your favourite Chinese or American etc torches

Eddiekneejerk

Newly Enlightened
I think my favourite lights have to be my Zebralight sc62w and my Thrunite T10s.

Worst light? That's a toughie. I've had some awful chinese lights and a Maratac aaa that was greener than Shrek's greenest parts though...

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think my favourite lights have to be my Zebralight sc62w and my Thrunite T10s.

Worst light? That's a toughie. I've had some awful chinese lights and a Maratac aaa that was greener than Shrek's greenest parts though...

:welcome:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Favorite: P3X, HDS 120

Not favorite:

Even at its price, I didn't care for the EO1

Zebralight - Loved it - then didn't.

Nitecore - D10 - Had 2, Both turned sour like the ZL

:duck:

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite light tends to be what I use at the moment. It often changes week-to-week.

My current favorite is my Jetbeam TCR-01 which I modded with a triple Nichia 219B and Carclo 10507 optic. It's not the brightest light, but looks beautiful, has a great tint and awesome UI.

My least favorite light? ... probably my old Lenslight mini high-CRI XPG. It's bigger and heavier than a Zebralight SC600, but dimmer and less throwy than a Sipik 68. For such an expensive light, I expected more.

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess receiving and returning for a refund could be categorized under the worse column - D25AAA.

Best? EDC: PD22. No one has dethroned her from my pocket. A couple have joined her and carried every day - i3S and a TubeVN. Only one other light can be drawn and reclipped with one hand, one try - the TubeVN + P7 retention clip.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite light tends to be what I use at the moment. It often changes week-to-week.

My current favorite is my Jetbeam TCR-01 which I modded with a triple Nichia 219B and Carclo 10507 optic. It's not the brightest light, but looks beautiful, has a great tint and awesome UI.

My least favorite light? ... probably my old Lenslight mini high-CRI XPG. It's bigger and heavier than a Zebralight SC600, but dimmer and less throwy than a Sipik 68. For such an expensive light, I expected more.

:eek:

incd

Newly Enlightened
I haven't found my favorit till now.

Worse : Lumapower Incendio.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Favorite: MMU-X3. Because of the sweet, sweet spot that it occupies on the size/power continuum. Worse: None. LED lights that are smaller and less powerful than the MMU-X3 have their role in life, as well as greater lights. I have not failed to get what I paid for, and I have not had any reason to complain about what I have gotten, since I have discovered the wonderful world of real Flashlights.

Phlogiston

Enlightened
Favourites: V20A (most used) and TK41 (most fun :) ).

Worst: I remember a 3D incan Maglite, back in the mid-90s, with a really ringy beam. It was a stark contrast to my 2AA Mini-Maglite, which was really quite nice by the standards of the time.

Edit: sorry, shouldn't have been talking about incan Maglites in an LED thread! Never really had a bad LED experience - all my LED lights have been decent to excellent by the standards of their times. Worst experience was getting a dud LD01, which I just sent back for an LD02 instead.

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
Favorite V11Rvn with 4000k xml2.

Least favorite all my old Maglights. Surefire lights with P60 drop ins because they are uncomfortable to carry in my pocket.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
Favorite: Jetbeam TCR1
Infinitely variable from 0 to 500 lumen with 18650 battery (large capacity). Great smooth beam profile. Durable titanium body. Can't ask for much more really.

Worse: Maglite with LED (rebel I think)
The led just stopped working after a few years, and I barely even turn it on. Beam profile is rubbish. It's overdue for a quality drop in.

Vulpes Abnocto

Newly Enlightened
Favorite: Fenix PD35

Least favorite: Any UltraFire knockoff. (yes, I made that mistake before doing my research. A couple times actually)